I Choose You

POV CAITLIN:

Since I arrived at this laboratory and this city, my life has been a roller coaster of feelings. I never thought that a place could change a person's life as it changed mine. Not only did I receive a second fantastic family, I also have a phenomenal job, which I love, but I also received the greatest gift in the world, Ronnie.

Do you know that person who can instantly brighten your day with just a good morning ?! Well, that was Ronnie! I never thought I would like someone like I liked him, however not everything in life is a bed of roses and after a remarkable event in the city of Central City, the love of my life gave its life itself to save us. Fighting this feeling of pain and loss took some time, but with the right people at our side, we achieved everything.

But then a fantastic thing happened, isn't it that after all my Ronnie had survived the Particle Accelerator explosion ?! It is true! And not only that is the news, but he also came accompanied with meta-humans powers. In the first few months we still tried to resume our relationship, but a lot had already happened during the time he was "dead" and we both came to the conclusion that we were better off as friends, moreover as best friends.

After he returned to this lab, he started helping us both with lab work, such as equipment repairs or helping us make new formulas, but he also started to accompany Barry and Wally on missions. Right now we were finishing our shift at STAR Labs, when my computer alarm went off, telling us that meta-human activity was taking place.

While our three super heroes went out to equip, Cisco, Wells and I were trying to find out more about this meta-human that was causing caos in our city. We didn't know it yet, but the next few minutes were going to be crazy and it's not one of those good crazy things!

- Why don't they give news? It's been almost twenty minutes since they arrived at the warehouse and they still haven't said anything. Should we be concerned? "Asked Cisco, accessing the surveillance cameras.

- Caitlin ...- someone said behind us and I quickly recognized that voice.

As soon as we turned around, we saw Barry, Wally and Ronnie on the floor, only Wally was unconscious. Barry and Ronnie, on the other hand, were conscious, but they looked injured, although they had no bullet holes or external wounds that we could see.

- What happened to you? Who did this to you? - I asked as I knelt between them.

"This is for you," said Barry, handing me a flash drive.

Cisco put the flash drive on his computer and inside there was only a video with my name written on it. Cisco clicked on play and a teenager appeared on the screen who looked like he was just his sixteen or seventeen years old.

- Hello Caity! I'm sorry I'm not giving you this message in person, but I just didn't want to risk being arrested. Although you don't know me from anywhere, I know you quite well and I want you to know that you are my favorite, that's why I have a challenge for you. In the left pocket of Ronnie's coat you will find a flask, which contains an antidote to the poison he and Barry drank. As you see the bottle is small and you only have one dose, so you will have to make a choice ... Are you going to save Ronnie? Or will you save Barry? The decision is entirely yours, sis! Ah, before I forget, you only have twenty minutes to make that choice.

How is it possible for me to just choose one person ?! It is not fair to have to choose between the man who was the love of my life and the man who does not leave me indifferent with his presence. How is it possible to just choose one of them, when both are very important in my life ?!

- Cisco can't we replicate the antiduct?

- Not with the time margin we have. It would take us hours to replicate and unfortunately we don't have that time.

- It costs me a lot to say this, but I think you'll have to choose, Caitlin.- Wells said coming to my side.

- I can't and do not want to have to choose. - I said, shedding tears. Just the thought of losing one of them leaves me heartbroken. - What do I do?

- Caity ... You know who you have to choose ... - Ronnie said. - You have to choose Barry!

- No ... Don't do that, Caitlin.- Barry said when he heard what Ronnie said.

- But if I do that, I will lose you. And I don't want to lose you again.

- Caitlin, I see the way you look at Barry. In fact since I came back I noticed that. And I see how he looks at you ... You love each other and that's why you have to choose him. You cannot give up the life of the love of your life!

- But you were also the love of my life.

"Caitlin give him the antidote," said Ronnie, handing me the bottle. "If you don't, I'll do it."

- I can not! Can't we share the contents of the bottle? "I asked this time looking at Cisco and Wells.

"The bottle is too small for both of them," replied Wells.

- Caitlin, you know what to do. Give him the bottle!

- No please... I don't want to lose you... Nether of you.

- Give him  the bottle... Or I will. 

As much as it breaks my heart, I knew Ronnie was right. Since Barry came into my life, my feelings for him have become more than just a friendship. I looked at the watch on my wrist and saw that it only had fiveminutes, so I went over to Barry and gave him the bottle.

"Are you sure?" Asked Barry, looking me in the eye.

- Yes, I choose you.

As soon as I handed him the bottle, Barry drank the liquid inside and within seconds, the antiduct took effect. I can't believe I just condemned the man who was the love of my life for years, to death. Now that Barry was fine, I could concentrate on Ronnie, who was minutes away from his death.

- Hey! Don't cry .... It's okay, you made the right choice. Don't forget that the idea of ​​choosing Barry was both yours and mine.

- Then why doesn't it look like it was the right one? Ronnie, I don't want to lose you.

- I know that. But you will not lose me because I will always remain here. - Ronnie said pointing to my heart. - Do you think you can promise me something?

- Of course, everything you want.

- Promise me that you will be happy and that you will not spend the rest of your life blaming you for my death.

- How do you want me to do that when I'm responsible?!

- You are not responsible, the responsible is the boy who poisoned us.

- Who happens to be my brother, even though I don't even know I had one ...

- Please promise me that. Promise me that you will make an effort to be happy.

- Okay, I promise.

- And Barry, I want you to promise me that you will take good care of her and that you will make her the happiest woman in the world.

- I promise.- Barry replied showing a small smile.

Unfortunately the five minutes had just passed and that meant that in a few seconds, Ronnie will die! I will not lie to you and say that the following days were easy, because the truth is that they were not. There was a lot of hurt and guilt inside me and it took me a little while, but do you know when they say that time heals everything ?! Well, it's true!

The only thing I could do was keep my promise to Ronnie, which is why when Barry asked me to be his girlfriend, I accepted. When he, two years later, asked me to marry him, I accepted and when, three years later, I found out I was pregnant, I decided to call my future son, Ronnie, to honor the great love of my life!