Chapter 2 | captured

My feet ached and my legs were trembling from exhaustion by the time my body pierced the dense cloud of darkness. I covered my eyes with my hand when the bright light of the sun made contact with my skin as I tumbled to my knees a few feet away from the army waiting for our arrival. I covered my stomach with my arm and tried not to lie down on my side because of the pain but my tiredness forced me to do so by the time a dozen soldiers showed up beside me.

Two men lifted my exhausted frame off the ground and carried me to one of their medical tents where they placed me on a soft bed-like table. Two nurses immediately emerged from outside and walked to the bed I laid on.
The eldest one of the two unbuttoned my blue kefta along with the black shirt I wore underneath, leaving me only in a black bralette.

"This might sting a little." The second nurse said as she walked over with a damp cloth.
She handed it to the eldest nurse before she left our side to gather stitching materials.
Without a warning the nurse tapped the cloth against my wound as I winced in pain and tried to block her with my hands but she harshly hit them away every time. When she finished cleaning the large gash on my stomach she pulled the cloth away and made way for the other nurse to stitch it up which made me groan in pain for the next ten minutes.
Right when the nurses left the tent a general I didn't know walked straight inside with two other soldiers on either side of him.

"Where is the rest of your crew?" He asked as he stopped a few feet away from the bed I laid on.

"Most likely dead." I groaned as I stared down at my now stitched-up wound.

"If they're dead then how did you make it out alive." He questioned impatiently.

"I don't know."

"Surely you do." He spat in between teeth.

"All I remember is a bright searing light that came from the ship when I was knocked overboard and left on my own." I spat back at the general.

When I didn't say anything else he turned around and left the tent with his two guards following behind.

——————————~~~~~~—————————

Two weeks later

I groaned in pain when the men pushed me down on a seat with a brown bag over my head and my hands tied together on my lap.
The room fell silent after the two men left me alone with a bag draped over my face.
I tried to listen for any sounds but nothing made way to my ears.

Moving my hands around in my lap, I tried to remove to rope from my wrist but the sound of footsteps interrupted.
The heavy breathing of a male walking beside my chair, caused me to dig my nails into my palms as a group of people gathered a few feet in front of me.

"Who's this?" I gentle male voice questioned.

"So you don't know everything after all." My capture mocked from my left as he placed his hand on the chair.

"This...is (Y/N) (L/N)!" He exclaimed as he ripped the bag off of my head causing my hair to fall in front of my face. I blow air out of my mouth to clear my vision from my hair.
My eyes met with the once's of a slim male with a cane standing just a few feet away from me as he peered at us with an unreadable expression.

"Two weeks ago, young (Y/N) here crossed through the fold on foot. Alone." My capture declared as he pat my shoulder and walked towards the group of people in front of us.

"How?" The darker-skinned female questioned as she watched the man that captured me poor himself a cup of wine while the others kept their eyes on me and I kept mine on the man with the cane.