Chapter T W E N T Y - T WO

5 years later

"Love, we have to go!" Draco yelled from downstairs as I was finishing up getting ready.

"Going!" I yelled back.

I slipped my shoes on and threw my purse over one shoulder and the diaper bag over the other.
I ran down and saw Draco putting our son's shoes on.

"Ready?" He smiled up at me.

"Yea." I smiled back.

He threw Scorpius over his head and he held on tightly to his short legs so he wouldn't fall off his shoulders.
I grabbed the picnic basket from the side table and entwined his free hand with mine.
We smiled at each other before apparating away.

"You're finally here, we thought you might have forgotten!" Molly smiled as we neared her.

"We could never forget today Molly." I said as we hugged each other.

The three of us hugged everyone else as well; Arthur, George, Ginny, Percy, Ron, Harry and Hermione.
Scorpius ran to James and Minerva, Harry and Ginny's twins and Molly and Fred, Ron and Hermione's twins.
The five of them were very close and they all got along perfectly.

I sat down on the big blanket on the grass next to Draco and we all chatted about how we've been and what we've done.
The warm sun light shone down on us all and the breeze hit our exposed skin.
Since it was summer, days like these were always so nice and beautiful.

I'm sure we all await this day out of every other in the year.
The day we visit the graveyard for all of our passed loved ones.
We started doing this four years ago.
The Weasleys and a couple other close friends would gather here and have a small picnic just to spend the day together and look back on memories from before the war.

Just as I was thinking about a memory from my second year, I heard some giggling behind me.
Blaise, Luna, Josh, Pansy and Izeyah had arrived were heading our way.

Draco and I stood up to greet them.
Blaise and Luna had started dating about a 3 years ago and were expecting a baby soon, Luna was already four months.
Josh and Pansy had also gotten together and were now engaged and planning on having a baby soon.

I smiled widely at them all as they gave me big hugs. I excitedly walked to Luna, giving her a big hug and crouching down to face her stomach.

"She's been kicking a lot! It's quite hard to get her to stop." Luna giggled as did I.

"You need to hurry up girl! Your auntie Gia wants to see you already!" I kissed her stomach and felt a small kick on my lips.

"I'm sure that means she can't wait." I smiled up at Luna and stood back up.

The Weasleys smiled at my friends and welcomed them all.
They sat on the ground with us and wd began to pull out the food we had all brought.
As always, it was sandwiches and chips. And of course, Molly's delicious pies for dessert.

"Scorpuis, come eat!" Draco called him.

He ran to us and the other kiddos followed.
He jumped onto me, landing on my lap as I attacked him with tickles in his stomach, making him burst out in laughter.
His laugh was contagious and made everyone around ua laugh with him a well.

Draco handed us a plain sandwich each and took a seat at my side after receiving his own.
He had his arm behind my back and leaned on it for support as he sat.
I looked over to look at him, our faces not far apart from each other, just to see he was already staring at me.