Chapter F O U R T E E N

We all sat at the Slytherin table the first day back, not paying attention to Dumbledores speech.
That is until he caught our ears,

"Now please let us welcome our newest 6th years; Jackson Conrique and Veronica Rand!" The doors opened and everyone looked back.

There stood both of them with wide smiles on their faces.
I smiled to myself seeing him standing there, making Miadore kick me under the table, her giggling as I rolled my eyes.

I felt Draco stir beside me as he stared at the two. I looked at him confused but he kept his gaze on them, on her.

"Are you alright Draco?" I asked him.

He turned me and nodded, going back to stare at her.

Although I had no motive to be angry, I was. Him looking at her made me angry.
The way he looked at her in worry made me angry. She made me angry.

I didn't realize that they both had gotten sorted for being too focused on my own mind until I saw someone standing behind Pansy.

"Can I sit her with you all?" She smiled at us innocently making me feel angier.

Our friends all turned to me, asking for an answer with their brows raised.
I rolled my eyes and stabbed the steak on my plate, hoping they got the message.

Obviously they didn't since she sat right across from Draco.
I looked up at my friends, eyes widened as they shrugged.

"I'm not hungry anymore. Ill see you all in the common." I threw my fork and got up.

"Gia wait! Please don't go.." Draco grabbed my arm before I could walk away.

I stared at his soft eyes also noticing he was quite tense.
As I was about to agree Veronica cleared her throat, her eyes on Draco.
He looked back at her and sighed, letting me go.

I huffed and walked away from them and made my way to the common room, hearing footsteps behind me but not daring to look back.

I sat down on one of the couches in the common, the person following taking a seat next to me as I stared at the fire in front of us.

"It's not what you think Gia.." I turned to face Blaise.

"I just thought.. just for a fucking second that Draco liked me." Tears threatened to come out any second.

"Im sure he does! But right now everything is so... complicated." He fiddled with the silver rings on his hands. He was nervous.

"How complicated can it be Blaise? If he really did like me im sure we'd be together by now!" He flinched at my yelling and I quickly apologized.

"No matter what happens, you know your boys have your back." I gave him a small smile.

My boys..

We talked for a while and we now layed together. My head on his lap as he sat caressing my hair softly, braiding and upbraiding my hair.

The common room doors opened and Blaise looked back to see who it was.
As he smiled I sat up to see our friends had finally arrived.

They all took a seat near us, Veronica and Draco sitting close together making me roll my eyes and laying my head back on Blaises lap.

I took a quick glance at Draco only to see he looked sad. Not angry, not annoyed, sad.

Blaise kept touching my hair as we all chatted and laughed.
He gave me reassuring smiles throught the night, uplifting my mood a bit.

As everyone grew tired we all decided to go up our dorms,

"Draco can I stay at your dorm?" He stopped before going up the steps to look at me.