𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

𝐔 𝐍 𝐂 𝐋 𝐄   𝐋 𝐈 𝐍 𝐂 𝐎 𝐋 𝐍

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"I'm not complaining, but is there a reason you have a basement with a creepy jail cell?" Brett asked as Dax shut the door. They had put Alex inside.

"Bash and I are vampire-werewolves, remember?" Dax reminded him, "We tend to get violent... It's a precaution more than anything, but it comes in handy when people come to town specifically for us."

"Are you just going to keep him down there?" Brett asked as they walked back up to the main floor.

"I'll wake him up tomorrow. I don't feel like questions my emotionally unavailable ex on why he decided that now was a good time to come here, but one thing he said did catch my attention. I need to lay off the magic, or figure out a cloaking spell that is strong enough to hide me," Brett slipped his hand into Dax's as they headed up the stairs.

They were halfway up the stairs when the front door opened. Bash shut the door behind him and gave Dax a slightly alarmed look, "Alex didn't come alone."

"What?" Dax asked with wide eyes.

"There is a boatload of witches, vampires, and werewolves with moon rings."

"Bright side. Only two-thirds of them can get inside, right?" Brett asked.

"Well, until they decide to burn the place down," Dax responded before jumping into the foyer from the stairs, "I'll take care of it."

"No, Dax. Not even you can take all of them down alone," Bash said with a firm hand on Dax's arm. Brett walked down the stairs.

"What else do you want to do? Play hide and seek until they figure out a way to get my protection spell down?"

"No, I want to do this logically. You still got some witch hazel?"

"I have an idea," Dax said as he looked up to Brett.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>