𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

𝐓 𝐇 𝐄    𝐁 𝐎 𝐍 𝐅 𝐈 𝐑 𝐄

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Everyone began to cheer as the fire was lit and the music started. Dax smirked as he and Brett began to dance together. Both boys had a drink as they smiled and laughed. Dax was on his third drink since he was trying to make sure the large crowd didn't bother him.

"I like this!" Dax yelled with a smile. Brett returned the smile and pulled Dax closer by his hips. They were alone, Dax was enjoying every second of it. For a moment, he felt like he could breathe.

The moment ended when Dax spotted Liam and Mason sat on the bench together. Mason looked sad, and Liam was about to choke on all the alcohol he was downing. He frowned slightly. Brett followed Dax's line of sight.

"You want to go over there, don't you?" Brett yelled close to his ear.

"He's going through a rough time!" Dax responded as he yelled over the music.

"Go ahead. Be a good friend!" Brett nodded towards Liam.

"Nope. You're too hot to be left alone."

"What does that mean?"

"It means you're coming with me," Dax grabbed Brett's wrist and gently pulled him from the crowd of dancing teenagers. Brett looked at the ground with a light chuckle as he shook his head.

"You weren't kidding at the scrimmage!" Mason said slightly impressed as he stood up. A small smirk crossed Brett's face, "And I'm slightly offended! I do know of him!"

"Thanks, Mason. Now his egos going to be up all night," Dax said as he rolled his eyes fondly. Brett squeezed Dax's hip a bit. Dax squirmed under the taller boy's grip.

"I'm going to go get another drink," Liam said as he stood up and walked off.

Mason frowned, "Did you ever figure out what's bothering him?" Mason asked.

"No," Dax lied, "He wouldn't budge."

Mason sighed, "I hate that it's eating at him like that."

"I'm going to keep trying to get through to him, but I think it might be something he needs to figure out on his own," Dax said. Brett leaned into him as he wrapped an arm around Dax.