17. Games

Ame and Arashi look at each other confused.

"Game?" Arashi finally questions.

"Yeah." You say, getting up. "Yeah, and I'm going to show him how it's played."

* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚* ੈ✩‧₊˚

You were walking to art with Arashi like you had for the last several weeks.

Then you saw them again.

They were way down the hall so you would have to focus your attention somewhere else to keep yourself from crying or getting angry.

Seeing them made your blood boil and you couldn't figure out why. You just felt very betrayed by Oikawa. You didn't know if it was the fact that he was with another girl or because it was her specifically that he was with.

That and you couldn't believe that he would just do that after everything you two had gone through. The stargazing to getting to know each other, the butterfly sanctuary, the amusement park, running in the rain.

You were starting to regret the wish you made about Oikawa on the night you met him. The wish that the new friendship would bloom into something amazing. It obviously didn't, so what a waste of a wish.

"[Name]."

You stop in your tracks and turn around. To your surprise it was Oikawa who had called you. The girl was gone though.

Arashi didn't say anything, he just looked mad, but he always sort of did.

"Oikawa." You respond back.

"[Name], can I talk to you for a moment?"

"No."

Arashi looked at you surprised and so did Oikawa.

"What? Why not?"

"You've proven to me today that I meant nothing to you."

Oikawa went silent.

The silence broke your heart since it meant that you were right.

And for once, you hated that you were right.

"Wow, okay..." You say under your breath. "That's cold Oikawa."

You knew you should've left right then but you one had question. "Tell me one thing."

Oikawa looks you in the eye with guilt.

"When you said a chance was everything you could've wished for... Were you lying? Was it all a lie?"

He looks down, silent.

The girl finally returns. "Oikawa! What are you doing? Lets go to your volleyball practice babe, I'd hate for you to miss it."

Babe...

It was enough to think that they were just hanging out together but instead they're actually dating.

You clenched your fists in hope that the pain in your palms would distract you from your aching heart.

But in the end, it overpowered.