chapter 18

{ i was gonna focus on making myself happy other than updating, but i've realized that writing takes my mind of things. so here you go. there's a sexual scene in this and i get uncomfortable writing them so meh }

-

( Mikey )

This was awkward. This was so fucking awkward. 

I was at the skate park with Hunter and Alex. We were sat facing each other in the middle of the ramp and Alex had his arms around my waist probably just to hold me back in case this went badly. Hunter was staring awkwardly at the floor and it was making me feel shit.

Maybe some of the things I'd said to him were a little harsh.

Ok, too harsh.

But he was provoking me. Well he wasn't. I just had a bad temper and that wasn't really my fault, was it? Ugh I'd fucked up.

"Where's Kat?"

"You think I'd get her into all of this?" Hunter snapped. He rolled his eyes and flipped his black hair in front of them. "She's home,"

"Right," 

There was another silence and Alex sighed into my neck. It had been a few days since our little fight; since he'd hurt himself; since I'd attempted to kill Hunter and apparently killed my brothers therapist. It was a confusing time and I wasn't really sure what to think.

"Why am I here?" Hunter demanded. His fists clenched and I could tell that he was getting impatient. We were never best friends before but now that I'd apparently killed 2 people, I doubted that he wanted anything to do with me. But Alex was right. Hunter wanted to kill himself just like I wanted to kill other people. He had more problems than I could count so if he said any shit towards me or my brother, he'd be a hypocrite.

"Cause you guys are gonna talk," Alex said calmly. He looked really cute today. He was wearing a black Asking Alexandria shirt and skinny jeans to match. He wore my hoodie to cover the cuts and burns that hadn't even started to heal and he was paler than usual. But he was still beautiful.

"Mikey," he nudged me and I sighed before looking at Hunter.

"I'm sorry I said shit to you about your parents and for trying to kill you. But in my defense you kind of provoked me and I blacked out when i apparently killed Tom and Dr Grey, so there's no real evidence that I did it."

Hunter laughed. "Seriously? They were both killed with the scythe that you had. You had both of their blood all over you and-"

"Yeah I know the odds are slim," I muttered. "But who knows? Maybe there's someone else who hates people saying shit about Alex and killed them before I got the chance,"

I heard that over in my head and sighed.

"I blacked out. I can't remember any of it. I just don't wanna believe it ok,"

"Ok," 

"So..are you guys good?" Alex asked, hope in his voice. Aw, he was cute. I looked at Hunter first cause I knew that I didn't really have a say in it. But thankfully he nodded and a smile creeped up on his face.

"Yeah we're good,"

*

Me and Alex were in our room with only a small reading lamp on at the side of us. Our parents were out at a marriage counselling session and I was proud of them for that. Them getting a divorce would fuck everything up. Things had been so much better the past few weeks aside from Alex getting hurt and me murdering people..but if Mom and Dad got a divorce it would just confuse my brother.