Smile, Chapter 4

( Picca of le O'Dell twins to the right! Just imagine a chelsea smile for Alex, and imagine it a bit more evil looking for Mikey. Also imagine lip rings, stretchers and septum piercings. Enjoy )

-

"Andy Sixx is ready to kill Mikey.."

"Meh, he was about to crack some time,"

"Nah that's what it says on Kerrang," Alex  explained and tossed the magazine over to me. We were skipping the last period of school because both of us were absolutley shit at geography, and now we were sitting in the skate park, drinking monster, having a smoke and reading Kerrang. There was a picture of Oli Sykes in it this week and don't get me wrong, his music had helped me and Alex through a lot of stuff, but damn did that boy need to grow his hair back.

"Hey Mikey?"

"Yes little brother?" I smiled and opened my arms out, to which he smiled and crawled over to me. Resting his head on my shoulder, he took a sip of the monster and then handed it over to me. "What's up?"

"I dunno," he murmured. "Just earlier..in Gym-"

"If that teacher was giving you shit because of Hunter, I swear to God I'll-"

"No, no!" He assured me and took hold of my hand, stroking his thumb over my fingers like I normally did with him. "It's just..there was this guy, Tom..and-"

"He hurt you?" I demanded. "Cause I will fucking end-"

"He asked me out Mikey,"

"Oh..well..that's um.." i struggled a little for words as I took in what my little brother had just told me. He'd been asked out on a date? Like a real date? With dating? I knew that Alex was bi but I just never thought that anyone would actually ask him out. Not in the way that I think he's uncapable of a relationship. But..Alex had too much shit on his plate. A relationship would just make it worse. He wouldn't be able to handle it. Unless it was with me.

"Mikey?"

Looking at my brother, I sighed. "I need a smoke,"

"Why are you getting angry about this?" He demanded as I flipped out a box of cigarrettes. I'd bought a bunch of Hunter yesterday and found one of my Dad's old lighteres, so for a few days I was set.

"Angry? What are you talking about? I'm not angry," I muttered as I lit the cigarrette and took a long draw. It started to burn my throat but I still didn't stop, I just kept inhaling and inhaling and inhaling until finally Alex took it from me and I had to blow it all out. "Give it back,"

"You are angry," he said quietly. "And just light another one, I want this."

"God," I mumbled and reached back into my school bag to take one out again. I was more hesitant as I lit this one, but I still took in a freakishly long inhale just to relax me. "I'm not angry Alex, I swear."

"Yes you are," he groaned. "Why are you angry?"

"Because I don't want anyone hurting you!"

"They wont, I'm fine."

"Sure you are Alex, sure you are."

"Why are you being so mean?" He whimpered.

"Why are you being so sensitive? Do you think anyone's gonna put up with all your shit? No. They'll get tired after the first day. You're never gonna find anyone who's gonna sit down with you and tell you the things I tell you. I'm the only one who can protect you. Just me, no one else."

I didn't care that what I was saying was offensive. It was true. Well maybe it wasn't, I dunno. I just didn't want my brother getting into dating. Dating would lead to relationships and with each step he took, he'd be walking further and further away from me. I didn't know what I'd do without him. My only purpose in living was to keep him safe. If I couldn't do that..then I'd have nothing.