xxi

y/n pov:

y/n pov:

"you didn't see the bright ass red envelope in the bag?" i questioned even further.

"no, i think i would've remembered a 'bright ass red envelope'." bakugo responded while mocking what i had previously said.

"but-"

i was interrupted by a great heave and i looked up to see hagakure sitting opposite us once again.
"why'd you guys start eating without me? i wasn't gone that long!" she whined and started to eat the food they remained on her tray.

the bubbly girl then continued to ramble on and on about the outfit that she was going to buy for the dance and while she did i couldn't help my mind from wandering elsewhere. bakugo really didn't see my card? i suddenly felt a heavy weight lift off of my shoulders, i'm kind of happy he didn't, i prefer to tell him how i feel face to face instead.

"anyways i'm done, let's go!" hagakure announced in a wheezy voice, she seemed out of breath as she was talking a lot while eating. i then watched her floating tray walk towards the trash can and i followed her with mine along with bakugo trialing behind.

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

hagakure had been talking with the store manager for what felt like hours. i could tell that they were tired of her, due to the sweat beads that were collecting on top of their eyebrow.

i had been browsing through the records while picking a couple out and putting them in my basket that i thought would suit the vibe of the dance. the vibe i envisioned was the light, free emotion you feel in like a night drive.

the wall full of throwback records was calling out to me when i heard bakugo yell my name from across the store. i turned around hastily and saw him beckon me by waving his hands.

i then sighed and walked over to where he was standing and as soon as i stood next to him he held his hand out. confused, i looked at his palm and saw it was the left earbud from earphones that he had on.

"can you put it on we don't have all day." he rushed, rolling his eyes.

i sarcastically chuckled and gave him a dirty look as i put the earbud in my left ear. seeing this bakugo pressed play on the record player and skipped through half the song and played a specific part for me. i waited in anticipation to see what song he so desperately wanted me to hear.

as soon as i heard the drums i knew straight away.

"oh, i still wanna be your favorite boy
i wanna be the one that makes your day
the one you think about as you lie awake
and i can't wait to be your number, your number one
i'll be your biggest fan and you'll be mine"

"rex orange county, nice pick blondie."

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

bakugo pov: