vi

3rd person pov:

3rd person pov:

loud bustles and conversations could be heard from many raucous groups of students in the u.a. cafeteria. y/n grew more and more impatient as her stomach growled, pleading to be fed.

'i'm so fucking hungry' y/n thought as she zoned out, daydreaming about the warm food that she would soon be able to taste.

"can you fucking move up the line?" bakugo commanded causing the girl to jump in shock.

y/n walked forward and filled the gap that was left for her by the short-tempered blondie.

she tapped bakugos shoulder in attempt to gain his attention as he was leaning on the wall on his side with his hands in his pocket.

"bakugo what is your favourite foo-?"

"don't talk to me." bakugo interrupted flatly making eye contact with y/n.

"wow ok, well i don't really have a favourite food...i like anything spicy, like really spicy. i hate sweet food with a passion." hearing this made bakugo feel butterflies in his stomach for the girl who he surprisingly had a lot in common with.

"so you're not as dumb as you look shortass." bakugo admitted smirking slightly at the girl which caused her to feel butterflies in her stomach. the pair then held intimate eye contact, which caused tension so thick that it couldn't be sliced with the sharpest of blade.

"NEXT." the lunch lady called out causing bakugo to regain his composure and break eye contact.

while bakugo was looking at the remaining food options, he saw that there was only one tantanmen which happened to be the only spicy dish left.

he contemplated leaving it for you but changed his mind after glancing at the other left over food.

he mentally apologized as he walked over to his table where mina, denki, kirishima and sero sat.

when bakugo arrived, he attempted to pull out a chair next to kirishima when he was stopped.

"sorry bro, but that seats reserved for y/n." kirishima explained, making a facial expression of remorse towards bakugo.

"what the fuck do you mean shitty hair?" bakugo spoke up glaring at his friend.

"mina and i have some questions to ask her so we invited her...explosion boy." kirishima retaliated.

"you can sit opposite y/n next to me if you want bae." mina appealed tapping the seat next to her.

"yeah whatever." bakugo answered, proceeding to go sit next to his pink haired friend.

after a couple minutes y/n joined the friend group and sat next to kirishima with a sigh of relief, while catching her breath, holding packets in her hands.

"where have you been girl?" mina questioned with a hint of concern on her face.

"oh well the cafeteria didn't have any spicy food and i was really hungry so i went around the school looking for vending machines that sold hot chips and well i found them." y/n expressed waving her chip packets in victory causing her table to laugh.

well everyone except bakugo, even though he was mentally laughing at her misfortune.

"anyways, what did you wanna talk about?" y/n asked opening her first chip packet.

"your quirk!" mina and kirishima shouted in unison.

"wow you're straight to the point." y/n chuckled munching on her spicy snack.

"sure i'll tell you but it's a little confusing so try to keep up, ok?" y/n questioned glancing at everyone on the table which led to them all nodding in agreement.

"i'll try explain quickly and give a summary." y/n resumed taking a deep breath.

"so all physical objects are composed of matter, matter is it's state or phase. the classical states of matter are solid, liquid and gas. so i can basically control the states." y/n breathed out and she recited what her quirk was in one breath.

she looked at everyone and only saw faces of bewilderment staring back at her.

"i'll just show you then." y/n chuckled as she picked up bakugos glass of orange juice.

"watch the juice." y/n announced waving her hand in front of the stolen glass as if she was performing a magic trick.

bakugo stared at her in anticipation, as he wasn't aware yet that she was using his orange juice as a test subject.

y/n closed her eyes gently as she isolated all the feeling in her hands and used some of her energy to freeze the juice in the cup.

she knew she had succeeded when she heard subtle gasps from her fellow classmates and felt the chill of the juice at the bottom of the glass.

"that's not all..." y/n added taking another deep breath and putting even more energy to evaporate the solid in the glass which she was able to do effortlessly.

after feeling the weightless glass she opened her eyes and was faced with impressed faces of her classmates as they started clapping all except bakugo. even know he was the most impressed of the bunch.

when he suddenly made a revelation...

"wait...WAS THAT MY FUCKING JUICE?"

∞ ₒ ˚ ° 𐐒𐐚 ° ˚ ₒ ∞

a/n: i hope y'all get the correlation between her quirk and the book title..you matter and changing states matter? idk i thought that was a very smart amiyah moment...anyways someone get bakugo some orange juice.