Chapter 21

Dandy whined angrily before yet again grabbing my wrist and pulling me back down the stairs. I awkwardly greeted the therapist as Dandy went over to my tree something in his mother's ear that I was barely able to hear.

"Mother! We were just about to get somewhere and you interrupted us!" He spoke in a hushed tone.

Gloria looked completely shocked, but kept her mouth zipped tightly closed. She glanced at me with a questioning expression, which only caused me to turn my head to the floor as my cheeks flushed a violent shade of scarlet.

The therapist, who had introduced himself as Dr. Feinbloom, seemed slightly confused as his eyes darted between the three of us. He was dressed in a black, formal suit and wore some fancy glasses that rested on his nose. He was polite but I was honestly quite intimidated by him. The Motts rarely had visitors, so the atmosphere became even more intense than usual as soon as he had walked through the door.

"I'm assuming you're the maid?" Dr. Feinbloom spoke in my direction.

Dandy was about to correct him, but he was abruptly interrupted by Gloria.

"Yes! This is our maid, y/n. If you need anything she will happily get it for you. Isn't that right, y/n?" She looked at me with desperation in her eyes.

"Of course!" Going along with Gloria's lies would undoubtedly be much easier than trying to explain whatever Dandy was bound to come out with.

I shot him a glance before he was able to disagree with what his mother and I had said.

"I'm quite alright, but thank you for the offer, y/n. If you all don't mind I'd just like to get straight on with talking to Dandy."

Dandy was one slight inconvenience away from a raging tantrum, but by some miracle he agreed to stay with Dr. Feinbloom as me and Gloria left them to get on with things.

*TIME SKIP*

Stomping around in a fit of anger, Dandy bumped into me on his way up the stairs. He looked like he was on the verge of tears, but also appeared to be completely furious.

"How was your session with Dr. Feinbloom, Dandy?" I braced myself for his answer, knowing that it definitely wasn't going to be polite.

"How do you THINK it went?" He hissed.

Just as I thought he was about to totally lose it at me Dr. Feinbloom appeared in front of us. The look that he gave to Dandy seemed like one of absolute disgust, but he had soon composed himself as he turned towards me and flashed a polite smile.

"I would like to talk with Mrs Mott. Would you possibly be able to take me to her, y/n?"

"Not a problem! Follow me, Dr. Feinbloom." I led him up to Gloria's room whilst we had a pleasant conversation, not realising that Dandy had been silently following behind us the entire time.

I was about to head back downstairs to him, but was instead surprised to see him standing right in front of me.

"Dandy! You startled me!" I laughed lightly at him as au began to recover from my near heart attack, but it soon became apparent that Dandy was in no laughing mood.

"Dr. Feinbloom was flirting with you." He stated coldly.

I rolled my eyes at his obviously incorrect statement.

"He was just being slightly friendly, like most people are. Well, everyone except you."

He disregarded my dig at him. "I don't want you to talk to him again. If he needs anymore help he can ask mother about it."

"Are you JEALOUS, Mr Mott?" I teased.

"Of course not!" Dandy argued.

"If you weren't jealous you wouldn't care about whether or not Dr. Feinbloom was flirting with me." I retorted smugly.

"I'm not jealous, but it isn't up for debate. You're not to say another word to him." Dandy spoke sternly as he peered down at me, making it clear that any further attempts at debating with him would prove to be pointless.

We were soon both distracted from our petty dispute by the sound of Gloria and Dr. Feinbloom's conversation.

"Dandy simply isn't stable, Mrs Mott. I fear for the safety of you and your maid if he continues to live under this roof without proper restrictions or supervision."

"I could never allow that to happen to Dandy, he's my son!" Gloria sounded distressed and conflicted.

"I understand, Mrs Mott, but Dandy's behaviour really shouldn't be taken lightly or excused. Will you at least consider sending him to Briarcliffe? I can assure you that they are a much better institution than they are given credit for." Dr. Feinbloom was really pushing for this.

"I supposed I will think about it. Thank you for coming, Dr. Feinbloom, we shall see you again next week."

I pulled Dandy down the stairs and hushed him as he was just about to throw a horrific tantrum. I smiled politely at Dr. Feinbloom as he left the house. Dandy pulled me so close to his side that I felt we were more attached to each other than Bette and Dot. so fidgeted uncomfortably in his iron grip, but there was no way that he was going to let go. If looks could kill Dandy's death glare that was aimed at Dr. Feinbloom would've definitely pierced him with a sharp knife.

As soon as the door closed behind his new therapist Dandy stomped back up the staircase. I immediately knew without even following him that he was heading up to Gloria's room. I kept myself safely tucked away in the kitchen, knowing that the argument that was about to erupt was something that  I wanted to be as far away from as physically possible.

After a few minutes of intense yelling from both parties I decided that I couldn't take it any longer. I knew that getting myself involved wouldn't make much of a difference, but I was hoping that I would be able to be some sort of voice of reason.

As I neared the top of the staircase the voices became progressively quieter and calmer. I was just about to turn back around when I heard something that caught my attention.

"It's time for this madness to end." I peered around the door and was shocked to witness Dandy holding a gun to his own head.

"No, please, Dandy. Not this way." Gloria pleaded. "I can't go on if you kill yourself."

"Okay."

My eyes widened in horror as Dandy then turned the gun towards Gloria. Before I had time to respond he shot her right in the forehead. As his own mother's lifeless body crashed to the ground, Dandy turned  towards me with a sick grin spread across his lips.