Chapter 1

My peaceful slumber was rudely interrupted by a banging on the door of my caravan. I groaned, wanting to go back to the sweet dreams I was having.

'Ya can't just sleep in there forever ya' know'. It was my best friend Jimmy. I loved him dearly but god he was annoying at times.

I rolled my eyes and admitted defeat. I crawled out of my warm, comfy bed and trudged over to my creaky, old wardrobe. I've had the same dresses for years now - I was really in need of something new, but I didn't have the time or the money for such a luxury. I sighed as I picked out the pink, polka dot dress that I wear practically every day.

After quickly throwing on my shoes, I rushed out of my caravan and was greeted with Jimmy's cheesy grin.

'Morning Sleepy Head!' He chirped. I laughed and punched his arm playfully.

We headed over to the tent to get breakfast with everyone else. I sat next to Bette and Dot. They were conjoined twins as well as my really good friends. Ever since they joined the freakshow you hang out with them and Jimmy constantly. It was clear that they were into him but for some reason - despite all my encouragement - he refused to give them a chance.

When everyone sat down and started munching away Elsa announced that tonight's show was completely booked! Nerves and excitement buzzed around the tent. Not many people come to the freakshow anymore so tonight was going to be a big deal.