Chapter 16

Dandy carried me all the way back to the mansion. I was completely exhausted. If it wasn't for the intense anxiety bubbling inside of me I would've certainly dozed off long ago.

The man who was holding me in his arms absolutely disgusted me and he was clearly well aware of this fact. He kept glancing down at me with a look that almost seemed apologetic, but I couldn't even bare to glance in his direction.

I always knew that there was something wrong with Dandy. It was apparent from the first time I saw him. He was extremely childish and his anger issues were the worst that I'd ever seen, but I always excused it due to his dysfunctional childhood. However, this was inexcusable. Innocent people were getting tortured and to Dandy it was all just a game. He's seriously twisted.

Dandy took me in through the back door, presumably so we could sneak past Gloria. As soon as he had stepped over the threshold I pushed my way out of his grasp.

Dandy walked into the kitchen and raised her eyebrow slightly as she saw me and Dandy, immediately noticing the tension between the two of us.

"How was your halloween?" She hesitantly spoke up.

"It was terrible!" Dandy moaned. "We were supposed to put on a show and have fun, but it was completely ruined!"

Dora completely disregarded Dandy's whinging and turned to me. "How about you, dear? Did you enjoy your halloween?"

"I-it could've been better if I'm being honest." I replied awkwardly.

"She wasn't even there for any of it! That stupid clown locked her in trailer all night." He huffed.

Dora looked incredibly alarmed, but I gave her a polite smile that informed her that I would explain all the awful details later.

"And now she's refusing to talk to me! She won't even look at me!" He spoke of me as if I wasn't even there.

"I can't say that I blame her." Dora remarked.

"Of course you're on her side," Dandy rolled his eyes. "I hate you, Dora!"

Dandy ran out of the room and slammed the door. His face was red with anger. The sight of him so filled with rage caused me to tremor in fear. I hadn't seen him this angry for a while.

"Trust me boy, I hate you too." Dora muttered under her breath, completely unfazed by Dandy's tantrum.

She pulled out a chair and carefully guided my shaking body over to it. It seemed like she felt guilty about letting me leave with Dandy, but I find that silly as no one could've stopped him if they tried.

"So ... what actually happened tonight?" Dora smiled towards me sympathetically.

"Well ... at first everything was fine. I assumed we were just going to go trick or treating, but then he led us into the forest instead. There was a shabby trailer that looked to be abandoned, but there were three people trapped inside. It turns out that the clown had kidnapped them! I asked Dandy to help me get them out, but he said something about a show and wandered off. I tried to get them out myself, but I was caught by the clown and he locked me in there with them." The memories of that awful place made me shiver.

Dora sat in silence, looking shocked as I continued.

"The clown eventually came back to take the other 3 hostages away. I knew they hadn't gone far, because I could still hear voices while I was alone in the trailer. I also recognised that one of the voices was Jimmy's. He was my best friend back at the freakshow. I don't have a clue why he was in the woods with them, but he sounded pretty angry. I was about to give up all hope, when I heard Dandy arguing with someone outside the trailer. Eventually he found me and now we're finally back here."

Dora grabbed my hand to comfort me. I seriously wouldn't have survived any of this if I hadn't had her support.

"There's something you're not telling me, y/n." I could never hide anything from Dora.

I inhaled deeply. "When I was in the trailer with the clown's three hostages, the girl told me that they had managed to escape, but Dandy stopped them. He started working with the clown and participated in their torture. He could've saved them! He's a monster!"

I was no longer able to hold back the tears. They all came flooding out at once.

Dora looked disturbed, but not even slightly surprised. "I always knew that boy had a few screws loose. I tried to warn Miss Gloria, but she never listened to me. She just lives in paralysing fear of him."

"Dandy certainly has some issues, but I never thought he would do something like this!" I wept.

"I saw it coming if I'm being honest. I know you believed you could trust him, but let's not forget how you ended up here. Honestly I think it's time to get you out of here." Dora spoke calmly.

I allowed her words to sink in. She was undeniably right. Living with Dandy wasn't safe, but I'd become attached to him. He's dangerous now, but if I leave I'd have to go somewhere far from Jupiter and there's still a chance that he would find me. I certainly wouldn't be safe at the freakshow, not that I'd want to go back there anyway. Elsa betrayed me.

Dora could sense me doubt. "At least think about it, y/n. I promise when you get settled somewhere far away from Dandy you'll be so much happier. I could even come and visit you if you'd like."

I smiled and nodded at her, before finally heading off to bed.

*TIME SKIP*

I awoke to a clattering sound coming from downstairs. I opened my eyes to see that my room was still surrounded by darkness, meaning that I hadn't been asleep for very long. Part of me wanted to snuggle further into my sheets and go back to sleep, but my gut was telling me that I would deeply regret it.

I sleepily trudged down the stairs, rubbing my eyes and yawning as I went. As I neared the bottom of the staircase, I realised that all the commotion was coming from the dining room.

The sight in front of me was instantly made me feel wide awake. Dandy was standing in front of Dora, holding a knife to her throat. She was scolding him, not believing that he would actually harm her. I could see the anger building up inside of him the more she spoke.

I ran over to them, making a desperate grab for the weapon in Dandy's hand. Without a second thought, Dandy shoved me to the side. I hit the wall with a thud, causing me to slide down onto the floor, groaning in pain.

What happened next seemed to unfold in slow motion. Blood poured out from Dora's neck as Dandy harshly sliced it open. The blood looked like it was never going to stop as Dora collapsed to the floor. The expression on her face shattered my heart into tiny pieces.

I rushed over to her and attempted to stop the bleeding by covering the wound with my hands. The blood continued to seep out between my fingers. All I could do was watch in horror as the light faded from Dora's eyes, until she eventually went limp.

Dandy stood above us with an evil smile, his eyes sparkling as if he had enjoyed robbing Dora of her life.

"She shouldn't have tried to take you away from me." And with that he strolled out the room.