Chapter 19

I flung myself out of my bed as soon as the slightest crack of daylight slipped through my cotton curtains. I was barely able to contain my excitement as I rushed into my bathroom and turned the knobs of my bath taps. It was important for me to look my absolute best - I wanted to show the family that I hadn't seen for so long that I was making an effort.

I threw my nightclothes on the floor next to the sink and carefully slid into the bathtub. My eyes closed as I finally began to slow myself down, soaking in the clear water. Reaching to the side of me, I grabbed the lavender soap and gently scrubbed myself with it. I always adored the scent of lavender - it was Elsa who had originally introduced me to the sweet smell of it.

Just as I felt that I was entirely chilled out, the sound of someone bursting through the door into the bathroom dragged me out of my peaceful state. My eyes snapped open in alarm and came in contact with Dandy's.

"Have you never heard of knocking?" I covered myself, a bright, red blush began to burn my cheeks.

Dandy just smirked as he looked down at me. "There's no need to be embarrassed, y/n. I came to ask you what time you wanted to go to see the freaks."

"Please don't call them that." I cringed.

"Well, that's what they are, isn't it?" Dandy seemed confused.

"They're my family." I corrected him.

"Then how come you don't look like any of them?" He questioned, becoming more and more puzzled.

"They're not my biological family, but they're the only family I've ever known. Elsa took me in when I didn't have anyone else." I explained.

"If Elsa was supposed to be your family, then why was she willing to let you go so easily? Not that I'm complaining, of course, I'm glad that you're here with us."

"I-I'm not sure. She used to be like a mother to me, but then she discarded me like I meant nothing." I hung my head in shame and misery.

Dandy delicately placed his large hand on my cheek and lifted my chin up slightly, so that I was able to look at him again.

"None of that matters now. You have me and I won't ever leave you." My blush darkened at his words, causing him to chuckle.

Dandy lifted me out of the tub and carried me over to my bed, slowly placing me down onto it. As I dried myself off, he headed over to my closet and began rummaging through it.

"Dandy? What are you doing?"

"Picking out your outfit, obviously." He picked out an emerald green dress and held it up towards me. "What do you think of this one?"

"It's prefect, Dandy!" He grinned triumphantly.

When I was finally pleased with how I looked, Dandy and I went downstairs to his car. We shouted a quick goodbye to Gloria and she didn't even dare to ask where we were heading off to.

We arrived at the tent and the discomfort on Dandy's face was prominent.

"I'm not sure if I want you to do this, y/n. What if that stupid lobster boy tries to ruin everything again?" His feeling of discomfort became one of anger.

"Everything will be fine. He's not going to ruin anything, Dandy." I assured him.

"You promise?"

"I promise, Dandy." I leaned over to kiss his cheek before getting out of the car.

"I'll be here to pick you up in two hours. Don't be late." And with that he drove off.

Turning towards the tent, I suddenly felt a bundle of nervousness inside of me. I hadn't seen these people for so long! What if everything had changed? What if they didn't care about me anymore?

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of someone calling my name.

"y/n? Is that really you? y/n!" The voice belonged to Bette.

I whipped my head around and was greeted with an expression of shock and happiness on her and Dot's faces. I ran over to them, quickly wrapping them in a tight embrace.

"I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"What's it like living with that rich guy? Is he kind to you? Has he bought you expensive things? You have to tell us everything!" Bette rambled.

"Give her a moment, Bette. She's only just arrived!" Dot scolded her sister.

I laughed as the two of them bickered, feeling ecstatic to finally be reunited with the pair.

I explained to Bette and Dot, as well as everyone else that had come to greet me, what living with the Motts was like. Of course I had to skip over a few details, but no one suspected that I was hiding anything. It felt amazing to be with them all again.

Meeting Elsa again was awkward to say the least. I could tell that she was feeling guilty, But I wasn't ready to just forgive her. She made me feel so unwanted and there was no way I was just going to forget about that.

Eventually I was greeted by someone that I had dreaded the thought of meeting again. The last time I had seen Jimmy was when him and Dandy were at each other's throats.

He was stunned when he first saw me, but soon his expression changed to one of delight. Hugging him reminded me of how much I had missed him. Everyone left us to catch up, meaning that I wouldn't be able to avoid his burning questions any longer.

"I've missed you so much, y/n." He spoke sincerely.

"I've missed you, too."

"Has that rich boy been treating you right? If he hasn't then I swear to God I'll kill him." Just the thought of Dandy enraged him.

"Dandy's been treating me great. You really don't need to worry about me." I assured him.

Jimmy didn't look like he believed me even slightly.

"If he's not treating you bad, then why did you come here?" He persisted.

"I just missed you guys! I didn't run away or anything, Dandy brought me here
himself."

"So you really like this Dandy guy, huh?" Jimmy seemed upset.

"What do you mean by that? Look - I know he seems like a spoiled brat, but he really isn't as bad as everyone thinks."

"I just think you deserve so much better, y/n!" I looked up at him, waiting for him to continue. "I've always been here for you. We basically grew up together and you mean everything to me! Why was I never enough for you?" Jimmy just looked defeated.

His words left me stunned. I had always seen him as my best friend. The thought of a romantic relationship with him never even crossed me mind.
I didn't know what to say.

"I - umm ..." I was interrupted by the sound of a car beeping. "I have to go."

I dashed off to the car, not daring to look back for even a moment. I quickly waved to everyone before clambering into the vehicle.

"How was your day?" Dandy quizzed.

"It was great!" I lied, my head still spinning with confusion.