13 - Returns and Anger

Driving in a muggle car to king's cross, Ms.Weston couldn't help but look at the girl sitting next to her.

"Dearly are you sure nothings wrong?" The concerned woman asked.

"Yeah I think the holidays just exhausted me." Louise replied with a fake smile.

Not satisfied with the answer, the woman decided to leave it there, knowing that the girl must really be feeling pain.

"So classes have been going well, I heard you're doing great in potions."

"Yeah I guess, this might seem a bit abrupt but how do you break up with someone?" Louise asked, preparing herself for the chore ahead.

"Ahhh boy trouble I see or girl trouble? Well when I first started my banking business, there was a man whom I thought had loved me. But I'll cut the sad parts and just say it wasn't the right guy. Yet though I knew how hard it would be, I had to do it. And never let your partner think that you're wrong for wanting to end things. I mean look at me I'm worth millions, as muggles would say, and not a single man by my side." Ms Weston winked.

Calmed by this, Louise truly felt she could trust what seemed like the only mother figure in her life. "Thanks, see you in a few more months!" She shouted, making her way to the train and the burdens ahead.

Meanwhile in the brave house with the boy-who-lived, Oliver, the twins, and the golden trio all remained at the grand castle. "So you excited to see your girlfriend mate?" Fred asked teasingly, making small chat.

"She's anything but that." A brooding Oliver answered, angry with his best friend. All of the break, instead of practicing Oliver sat in his dorm, sleeping and regretting ever falling for the American.

"Yeah so I got this really cute sweater which I think will be perfect for the protest we're going to later this week, some doc martens, I'm sure you're familiar with the muggle brand and- are you even listening?" Elena questioned her fellow hufflepuff as the train trudged on.

"What yeah, lots on my mind, can't wait for the protest." Louise faintly smiled as she watched the trees race past the window.

"Something is definitely wrong with you, spill. The. Beans. Now Lou."

So for the rest of the train ride, Louise explained everything, the hostile way Cedric was speaking to her, the Friday night, and her holiday, and the break up that was to happen as soon as possible.

"What a jerk, I'm so sorry this happened sweetie, you never deserved this." Elena said on the verge of tears. She'd known Cedric was a bit off but was too scared to let such a happy Louise choose between the most popular guy at school or her best friend.

"Thanks El, I just need to right the wrongs and fix the mess that I've let happen."

Though while Louise thought it would be so easy, it certainly wasn't, for when hopping off the train, fear froze the girl on the train platform.

"Love I've missed you so much, why haven't you written." Cedric inquired.

"Oh the owl was sick, sorry." She replied.

"Well you can make it up later, want to come to the great hall, I bet you're starving." Cedric patted her stomach, causing Louise to cringe more than watching the Ellen DeGeneres show.

Even though he was right, not even pumpkin pasties could manage to stay down while he was next to her. "Not really, I think I'll go unpack."

"Hey Oliver!" Elena shouted to Oliver in the halls, knowing how close he was to Louise, Elena tried to make an effort to at least be acquaintances with the jock who always seemed to have a broomstick up his butt.

Turning around, a confused Oliver said, "erm hi?"

"I'll just ignore the rudeness there, have you seen Louise since the holidays? I always miss her when she goes to the advanced potions class."

"Just ask Cedric." He rolled his eyes and sighed as he said this.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Elena inquired, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows as she said it.

"Well I overheard pretty little golden boy raving about how great Lou is in bed and he doesn't seem to be the type to lie about that. Besides, I could give a rats what Lou does with that a-hole." Oliver replied.

"First of all, for someone who's doesn't give a 'rats' what Louise does, you sure you a lot of her slang. And secondly, not everything is how it seems from the outside, give the girl a goddamn break."

"Shove off, i'm late." Oliver huffed off to practice, confused by what Elena meant. Why the hell should Lou get a break, it's not like she's head over heels a guy sleeping with another girl. I really need to stop mimicking her muggle phrases.

In the hufflepuff common room, just a few days into the new semester, Louise had been avoiding Cedric all week. It wasn't until she was studying that he approached her that there was no way out of it. Get some balls here Lou, wait that's sexist, just get courage and it'll be as if this never happened. She thought to herself as her leg jumped up and down underneath the table.

"Hey love, what're you doing there?" Cedric asked.

"Can you not call me that?" Louise replied, straightening her spine to hopefully intimidate Cedric

"Feisty tonight are we? What're you doing anyways?"

"Just homework, and some letters to write."

"I think it could wait." He smirked as he gathered all of her stuff, placing it into a bag and grabbing her arm, leading the girl to his dorm.

"Look Ced I think we should talk about something." She sighed.

"Can't it wait till after?" He pouted, already taking his clothes off.

"No I'd really like to do it now."

"Come on it'll be quick." He argued back.

"I SAID I WANTED TO TALK NOW DANG IT!"

"Ooooo now I really like feisty." He joked.

"We need to break up." The girl mumbled, hugging herself.

"You're kidding right?" His tone darkening as he processed what had just been said.

"No it's for the best." She replied calmly

"I think I know what's for the best in this relationship, now you're making me mad."

"Please can I just leave already?" Louise nervously asked, hand on the doorknob.

"NO!" Cedric bellowed, smacking his hand on the table, making Louise flinch.

"Huh maybe I should hit you and you wouldn't be as stubborn." He said to himself, not knowing that she heard.

Rushing out of the door, she yelled, "this is over!" And made her way through the corridors, knowing that homework is the last thing she could focus on. Yet as she was biting her nails and walking past the classrooms, she once again ran into one other guy she didn't want to see.

"Hey Louise, how's Cedric doing, did he do the tip I suggested?" Luke, one of Cedrics friend asked.

"What tip? And if you say you two conspire in class about how to get laid i'd say that's pretty pathetic. Why don't you spend your time talking about how underrepresented women are in the ministry of magic?" The girl answered as she ran away from the common room that felt a lot hotter and smaller than usual.

I need to run now, and if that Gryffindor with a mood gets in my way I will know him off the broom. Louise thought to herself as she stomped out to the quidditch pitch. Not bothering to look above her, Oliver was practicing for the big game coming up, stopping as he saw the honey brown haired girl tie her hair for a run. I miss running with her, it actually might've been useful. He thought to himself as he hovered in the air on his broom watching her do her usual stretching before a long run.

For the rest of the time, Oliver just sighed like a hopeless romantic as he watched the girl he loved walk in to see her golden boy.