10 - Losses and Wins

The time was 5:30 am. The weather was rainy and dreary. The nerves coursing through a Scottish gryffindor were abundant. The excitement coursing through the American hufflepuff were ever present. But as the hour hand touched 8, anger rose for the scot.

"What do you mean we're playing hufflepuff?!? I planned on playing slytherin, get a sub or something!!" Oliver shouted, reading the post that the slytherin seeker was injured.

"Hey mate it's ok we were going to play them eventually." Harry said, attempting to calm the boy who taught him everything he needed to know of quidditch.

"That's besides the point! I had specific strategies based off of who we were playing!" Oliver shouted to Harry.

"Let's just do the badger bludger one. It'll all be fine." Fred chimed in.

As if the fall morning couldn't get worse, Oliver's eyes traveled to find the ocean smelling brown haired girl whom he loved, kissing the boy the gryffindor team was going to be playing in under an hour. She's not kissing him to get in your brain. She's a hufflepuff, she has to be a supportive girlfriend. Everything will be all right.

"Hey Ollie! Guess we have to be rivals now." Louise giggled, miraculously standing in front of Oliver without him realizing.

"Yeah I guess so, I'll see you in the stands." He mumbled, not wanting to think of Louise and how much he loved the way her hair flowed as she walked.

"I know this is probably treason or whatever, but I'm rooting for the lions." Louise whispered, skipping away. With all the whirlwind of emotions Oliver had felt in the past 3 hours, hearing that made him feel much better, knowing that Louise picked Oliver over her boyfriend.

"I truly have no understanding what the obsession with quidditch is." Louise said to Elena who was sitting in between Sam and Elena.

"Me either seems kind of uncomfortable in my opinion, sitting on a broom and everything."

As the game began, Louise couldn't help but look for the supposed seeker who was attacked. Her eyes then found a platinum blond boy, laughing and playing with the cast, obviously not injured.

"Is something wrong Lou?" Elena asked.

"Yes, that slytherin over there isn't even injured. He put a bunch of unnecessary stress on Oliver for nothing." An angry Louise replied.

"You mean Cedric right? He's probably hungover, stayed up till 2 am."

"Oh right." Louise said, feeling guilty that she put Oliver's feelings over Cedric.

Just then , the boys and girls zoomed into the cloudy sky, signaling the game had begun. Trying to keep track of all the players, Louise didn't even notice the block Oliver made, looking more to Cedric. Though it was a small gesture, it shook Oliver up. Growing up, he wasn't used to showing his feelings, so when it came to girls, it was 10 times more complicated to understand their thought process.

"Hey did you get a shiver of cold just now?" Louise asked Elena.

"Yeah it's probably the dementors. I just thought about Dumbledore without a beard and it made me very uncomfortable."

Almost in a second, the chosen one had fallen to the ground, being trapped by a bunch of dementors who had gotten loose. Concern flooded Louise, though dumbledore was quicker, saving the boy from death. Yet not noticing the boy with glasses falling from the sky, Cedric caught the snitch, winning the game for hufflepuff.

"Congrats babe you did amazing!" Louise fakely exclaimed, running to Cedric.

"Thanks darling, did you see what happened to Potter. A pity, better him than me though." Cedric shrugged, not caring about the trauma the third year probably just faced. Wanting to get away from the ecstatic hufflepuffs, Louise found the twins, joking about the loss.

"Oliver's probably drowning himself in the showers as we speak." Fred joked. Though it seemed like a harmless joke, it sent a trigger to Louise to find the boy, knowing how seriously he took quidditch.

Entering the sweat filled locker room, a loud bang was heard from the other side, then a quiet sound.

"GET OUT!" Oliver screeched, venom in his voice.

"No." Was all Louise replied with.

"YES I SAID GET OUT I WANT TO BE ALONE!" He replied back, yet these efforts were pointless, for all that Louise did was get closer to the sound until she made eye contact with him. Looking him up and down, he was still in his quidditch uniform, soaked in rain water, sweat and mud. His countenance was of anger, sadness, and overall shame.

"I'm not going anywhere Wood." Louise said calmly.

"Why aren't you celebrating with your perfect boyfriend huh? He's clearly a much better quidditch player. I mean he's probably still drunk as a skunk. And look at me, I need to prepare months in advance for a silly game, stay sober, and even that isn't enough. I'd save yourself if I were you from watching this pity party."

"He's far from perfect if that's anything. Besides, I don't like poor sports, Ced didn't even shake your hand. Also, it's not a silly game, it actually seemed kind of fun. So if you're trying to get rid of me, try harder Ollie." Louise scoffed at the idea of Cedric being a perfect boyfriend.

"It's not like I'd be any better, I doubt you'd even go out with me, dealing with this all the time."

"Can I tell you a secret? Even though you think this is your worst and I wouldn't want to be with you, your worst is much better than cedrics best." At this, Oliver just broke down into sobs, trying his best to conceal it. Soon, Louise rushed to his side, comforting him by putting her arms around him.

"You shouldn't see me like this. Guys can't cry." Oliver snifflied.

"Are you asking for me to lecture you on toxic masculinity? Come on let's forget this game happened, there's always another. Want to get something to eat? I found this spot near the ravenclaw common room where you can see the black lake and everything." Louise said, hoping to improve Oliver's mood.

"Is it because I'm on suicide watch or out of pity? Besides, I doubt Cedric will appreciate you making friends with the enemy." Skulked Oliver.

"No actually I want to spend time with you. And I couldn't care less what Cedric thinks, he can hang out with that blonde girl for all I care." Louise looked down, revealing her insecurities.

"Oh I'm sorry. Don't worry, cedrics a good guy, he wouldn't do anything he'd regret. I'm starving, let's eat."