6 - The Run In

"Ugh it's not even the fact that he didn't kiss me, I just feel so stupid and vain." Louise sighed to Elena in the dorm as they got ready for classes. It had been four days since the study date and Louise was dreading confronting Cedric in potions today.

"Well at least you have the confidence to make a move, or the opportunity for that matter." Elena commented.

"Whatever I don't have time to concern myself over boys, have you gotten everything prepared to show dumbledore after school today?" Louise asked. Sam, Elena, and Louise decided that they all needed to mention to dumbledore the injustices that muggles faced without magic, so change was necessary.

"Yeah I'm kind of nervous considering my field of expertise is climate change, but muggle relations is important too." Elena replied.

Making his way to the great hall for lunch, Oliver decided to hold a team meeting for the gryffindor quidditch team.

"Can I just eat my bloody sandwich in peace without hearing about brooms?" Fred exasperated.

"No you bloody can't we're going up against hufflepuffs and I refuse to lose to them, the weakest house." Oliver grunted.

"Then what's the point of finding a strategy if all they'll ever do is smile and do good things?" George questioned.

Everyone around the table laughed at this slander, but Oliver glanced to the table, from pretty boy diggory, to Louise, working on a sheet of paper. In the back of his head he felt guilty, knowing that hufflepuffs had such a poor reputation, next to slytherin.

"Wish me luck." Louise whispered to Elena, entering the potions classroom.

"Everyone settle down, and Abbott put a sweater over that revealing 'shirt' now. It looks more like a quarter of a shirt than a real one." Snape announced to the whole class when the blonde girl walked in.

"Yes sir." Hannah replied, clearly embarrassed.

If there was one thing in the world that Louise hated, it was the fact that teachers took advantage of their power to make students feel like the British term "rubbish". This won't be a fun class. Louise thought, taking a seat next to Cedric.

"Hey can we talk about Thursday?" Cedric whispered.

"Oh if you're referring to my lack of knowledge on conversions, don't worry I've got it all covered. I even sort of prefer your system to America's." Louise replied, looking forward at the snobbish teacher droning on about a potion that cures diseases.

"No that wasn't, when I dropped you off I didn't kiss you not because I don't think you're not attractive or I don't like you, but I didn't think it was the gentlemanly thing to do. I'm not sure about the way you do things in America, but here it's not cool to kiss on the first date. I truly from the bottom of my heart hope there can be a second date." Cedric said, taking hold of Louise's hand.

While it did seem like Cedric did the right thing, something in the back of her head made Louise think that him pretty much calling Americans prostitutes didn't sit well with her.

"I'll have you know I don't just sleep around with camouflage wearing red necks every other day. I appreciate your explanation, but I need some fresh air."

"Miss Kadid is there something you'd like to share with the class, seems like you're talking quite a lot there with Mr.Diggory back there." Snape angrily questioned.

"Actually yes sir, I'm just curious about why we have all these cures and potions that muggles suffer from, yet nothing is being done to help them. And if you refute it by saying there's a shortage of them, I highly doubt that considering they're right there." Retorted Louise.

"Someone's acting more like a smart ravenclaw than a polite hufflepuff, detention and get out of my classroom."

"For what may I ask?" Louise replied sweetly.

"Questioning the ways of the wizarding world and holding up the entire class!" Snape yelled.

So Louise gathered her books, stood up and slammed the door, angry tears rushing down her face.

"Mr. Weasley that's not an illegal food I'm looking at you eating during class is it?" McGonagall questioned Fred. In fact it was, but fear sent a shudder down his back, for he knew if he got another detention it would be a suspension and a howler from Mrs.Weasley.
Yet fortunately for Fred, Oliver Wood knew this fact too, and as a way to save his beater from suspension, he took the fault.

"Yes Miss it is food, but I'm the one who gave it to him. It's silly really, as I was walking to class I saw a stick of gum on the ground that a house elf must've dropped and next thing you know I'm daring poor Fred to eat it, or he'll have to run laps."

"Well Mr.Wood it is very unethical to manipulate your team captain power, that'll be detention and I'm going to have to ask you to leave the class, distractions aren't tolerated here."

"Of course Professor I understand."

Making sure he had everything, Oliver didn't even concern himself with the surroundings around him, because the next thing he knew a slightly tan 5'4 girl stumbled into him.

"Oh I'm so sorry let me get that." The American accented girl hastily said.

"Well hello Louise nice to see you again." Oliver said, hoping she hadn't forgotten his name.

"Oliver! Wait why aren't you in class?" Louise exclaimed, glad to see a friendly face.

"Oh long story. What about you? Here let me walk you to your common room, it's the least I can do considering the way we've ran into each other recently."

"Stupid Snape, but I won't give up he has a heart down there. Speaking of running, did you ever give it a try?"

"I'm afraid you're working on a lost cause. Well actually I thought I could run with you, considering I haven't the slightest idea as to how to go about such a sport."

"I'd love that, see you at 6 tomorrow morning?" Louise asked, turning to the mermaid.

"Comforted a first year." She said to the painting.

"It's like the password system for hufflepuffs, do one nice thing a day, but it has to be different every-time and honest." Louise explained to the confused Scottish boy.

"Wow that's way better than just remembering a silly passcode. Well then see you tomorrow Kadid." Oliver waved back to Louise.

And in that short 10 minute walk from potions to the common room, almost like magic her mood had changed for the better.