1- All aboard

"Wait so how does the house system work" Louise asked confused as her adoptive guardian, Cora Weston, drove them both to king's cross.

"Well, to put it simply, once upon a time, a long time ago, four witches and wizards founded a magic school, otherwise known as hogwarts. Their names were godric gryffindor, known for bravery and helping others, ravenclaw, my personally biased favorite, known for wit and creativity, hufflepuff, known for hard work, kindness, and loyalty, and finally slytherin, the black sheep."

"How are they black sheep" Louise asked, intrigued.

"Well the founder of slytherin had some disagreements you could say with the other three founders, especially gryffindor."

"Well, maybe the other founders could've been more welcoming to this slytherin guy."

"I'm not sure he wanted that dearie."

Louise could hardly contain the nerves she felt as Cora and her walked up to the train station. She couldn't help but wonder about how kind the others will be, how hard the classes will be, and most importantly what house she'll be placed in.

"Ok so essentially you just run through this wall, it's so that discretion can be sustained as to who we really are." Cora explained.

"Seems simple enough to me" Louise said, pretending to be confident for the woman she looked up to.

In an instant the steam engine was whistling, the smell of owl droppings ever present, and the white puppy puli, shaking its dreads beside her. Clutching to her suitcase, Louise braced herself for the challenges of an entirely new school.

"But where should I sit?" Louise asked, in a panicked tone, overwhelmed by everything around her.

"You'll be fine and everything will pan out perfectly fine, good luck!" Cora exclaimed as she pushed scout onto the bustling train.

Fretting over where to sit as well as dealing with Robert, the puli, she accidentally ran into a tall, dark skinned, and charming looking boy.

"Oh sorry there mate." The boy said.

"Oh no worries I'm a clutz." Louise mumbled.

Taken aback at the sound of what wasn't a British accent, the boy looked up to see a pretty brown haired girl staring back. "Erm I'm Lee Jordan, and you?" Lee awkwardly asked.

Louise always hated when she was asked this. Technically her birth name was Mayella Jean Louise Kadid, a mouthful, but in defiance and the shame felt by having a name mayella, she changed it to just Louise. "It's kind of complicated, i'll explain when i get a chocolate frog." She joked.

"Well it's kind of complicated, would you like to sit with me and my friends?" He said, smirking.

"Uh sure." Louise said reluctantly.

Ever since the American received her acceptance letter to Hogwarts, she had been planning out exactly how to get top in her class and prove everyone wrong. But after seeing how playful everyone is, especially once she saw the twins, Louise felt like she would miss out on the fun parts of becoming a witch.

Once at the cabin, two copies of even taller red haired boys stared at Louise, jaws dangling as they watched her enter.

"Freddie Georgie meet our brand new friend." Lee declared.

"Does she have a name?" Fred asked as though she weren't standing right there.

"It's complicated." Lee and Louise said at the same time, smiling when they said it.

"Well sorry that's a bit too complicated for me, guess you have to find another cabin." George shrugged.

"It's Jean Louise, but you can call me the former, the latter, but just not Hagrid."

Chuckling at this statement, Fred said, "Hmm lots of options, let's go with Louise, sounds French. But that wouldn't make sense because you're certainly not a Brit."

"And you're not very subtle either." Louise said.

"And what house are you in Miss?" Lee asked.

"Well this is my first year here so I'm not sure but I was told I would be sorted today. What're you all in?"

"Gryffindor" they all stated.

"We should do the test." George said to Fred.

"Someone just called you a wanker, do you A: punch them in the face, B: Reply with an even wittier remark, C: Stand up for yourself and give a warning, or D: be calm, walk away, and forgive them?" George asks.

"Well first of all, what's a wanker? And if I'm assuming it's an insult, I'd need more context because they could've had a bad day, such as a breakup or bad grade."

All of the boys started laughing hysterically until Lee finally said, "Unfortunately you'll be a hufflepuff, and let's just say that a wanker is something a hufflepuff would never call someone."

So the train chugged along, the four students backed Louise up on the adventures of the twins' younger brother, got very cold from a dementor attack, and Louise finally received the chocolate frog she had been thinking about ever since Cora explained them on the drive over to kings cross.