11 - the nightmare before christmas

It was a frigid December Wednesday, not a creature was stirring not even an elf. A brown haired aspiring politician had just finished a short two mile run with her brown haired gryffindor best friend.

"Wow a whole semester gone like that?" Louise asked Oliver shocked, letting it sink in that this was their last week of the semester till winter break. Not a single mode of communication has been passed between the muggle parents or family of Louise, meaning she would be spending the holiday with her adopted guardian, Ms. Weston.

"I know it feels like just yesterday I was hopping off the hogwarts express for the first time and now a few more months and I'm out of here." A disappointed Oliver sighed, for though he felt excitement to be one of the youngest quidditch players to play professionally, he knew he would miss Louise terribly, as she was a year younger.

"Oh come on don't throw a pity party you're the best quidditch player I know. I think I may die of boredom without you here next year."

"Well you always have the twins to keep you company."

"Yeah but I have to watch my back every five seconds if I don't want a bucket of water dumped on me." The hufflepuff joked.

Things couldn't have been better between the two teens, had an outsider entered the school of witchcraft and wizardry, they would've received a shock to find Louise wasn't dating Oliver, yet a very popular hufflepuff. Two out of the five days the girl even sat at the gryffindor table for breakfast, excusing wanting to branch out as the reason. However unfortunately for her, it was a hufflepuff day.

"Why hello my beautiful girlfriend." Cedric exclaimed as Louise walked towards the empty seat next to Elena, blushing at this comment.

"Hey Ced, excited for the holidays?" Louise asked, making small talk.

"Why don't you just say Christmas, pretty sure everyone celebrates it here silly."

"Well you never know and I mean we could all call it something different." Louise answered, annoyed at her boyfriends insensitivity.

"Whatever you say love, happy holidays" Cedric shrugs kissing her on the lips after taking a bite into his French toast, as Elena rolls her eyes. She never did like Diggory, growing up with him inside hogwarts, he always seemed to want things his way, never making compromises. But she knew how smart Louise was, that she'd make the right choice.

Meanwhile at the gryffindor table, Oliver decided a quidditch talk was necessary, yearning for a way to get his mind off Cedric and Louise together.

"Ok so I went through everything and I am certain that as long as we beat the ravenclaws the cup will be ours as long as we do the godly godric strat-" Oliver ramble on, until cutoff by Angelina.

"Is this all necessary? Let's just play the bloody game. Why don't we hang out on Friday, all of us, to get our mind off of it?" She asks, hoping to use this as an opportunity to do what she's been planning for a while.

"Fine. But only till 11 pm, sleep is necessary." A stern Oliver replied, oblivious to the looks he was getting at Angelina.

So the classes went on, Louise doing fantastic in potions, Cedric making her feel guilty about it, and long runs between the gryffindor and hufflepuff. Until the Friday before break came. That afternoon around 2 pm, Cedric sitting bored in divination asked Louise, "have you ever thought of becoming more... physical?" He questioned.

Caught off guard, the poor girl had no idea how to respond. Among her friend group at hogwarts, the couples have been close but Louise never payed much attention. Not until this point has she minded even being a virgin, seeing things like going vegan or emailing politicians as more important. Yet the way Cedric had phrased the question just now made her feel insecure.

"No I haven't thought about it what do you mean." She replied, trying to sound relaxed about the topic.

"Well I don't know I've been talking with the guys, and well if you want, we could be the first couple to you know, do it." Cedric implied.

Taken aback, Louise suddenly felt very hot, overwhelmed at all of this at once. In the back of her head, Louise didn't want to do it just yet, but she knew that if she said that to Cedric, he'd think of her as a prude little girl.

"I'll think about it." Was all she managed to reply with.

"Meet me in my room at 9:30 tonight, love." Cedric said, kissing the girl on the cheek, not realizing the agonizing class was over.

For Louise, she thought that she'd always do it when she was ready and prepared. But the way Cedric just asked her, scheduled it, and didn't let Louise have any input made her feel noxious.

Just one more class and you can plop into your bed, this is all just a nightmare. The American said to herself, walking to Transfiguration. Thankfully, the class went by in a breeze, and not a word of what the professor said went through Louise's ears.

"Lou, lou? Honestly woman, I though you went deaf! Are you feeling ok." Elana shook the girl, a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah a little hungry that's all."

After school, the hours ticked by, until at 8 all the gryffindors gathered in the common room, passing a suspicious looking bottle around.

"Seriously Oliver it's just firewhisky take a sip." Fred begged.

"I'm good mate thanks though." Oliver replied, remembering Louise and the pact they had made.

"Why don't we all play a game" Angelina said, then looking to the bottle as if shocked, "how about spin the bottle?"

Previously in the week, the sixth year had found the bushy haired third year known as hermionie using a time turner. Seeing this as a way to get what she wants, Angelina threatened to tell mcgonagall that it was revealed, forcing the third year to enchant a bottle to land on exactly who she wants. Sitting in a circle, the older gryffindors started, first geogre kissing a black haired girl, second round Fred and Dean kissing, then finally round three the bottle on Angelina and Oliver.

"Guess we better get it over with." Angelina pretended to be annoyed, but secretly content that everything was going as planned.

"Guess so." Oliver huffed, feeling guilty about doing it, even though he was as single as this author.

Lasting for a full three second, it finally ended, and the two sat back blushing like mad.

Perfect everything went as planned. Angelina thought, looking at the jealous face Fred had, not caring about using the quidditch captain to make her real crush jealous.

"Almost thought you wouldn't make it darling." Cedric stood up as he saw his girlfriend enter five minutes late.

"Yeah so about that-" Louise started to say, until she was cutoff by a passionate kiss of cedric's.

This went on for a few moments, until things started to heat up. Knowing what must be done, Louise had to tell Cedric that it was not what she wanted to do.

"Look I really need to say this Ced. I don't think I'm ready for this," motioning her finger between the two, "just yet. Can't we just wait a bit longer?" Louise pleadingly asked.

"Of course love. Why don't you get some sleep. Didn't you tell me you use some muggle pill to relive pain after runs?" Cedric questioned, pulling out a pill bottle labeled Advil.

"Uh yeah do you have some?" A surprised Louise asked, shocked that cedric remembered something like that.

"Yeah here why don't you lie down, don't feel bad darling." Cedric said, giving the pill to the girl.

In what seemed a suspicious amount of speed of going to sleep, Louise was knocked out, and won't wake up for several more hours.