0·7

I didn't put on something sexy

I didn't put on something sexy. In fact, I did the exact opposite. I put on something that would-hopefully-make me blend into the crowd and not be noticed. Because my main aim of going to this party was not to get laid but to get stoned. So drunk that I'd still be on a high by tomorrow morning.

Kong didn't approve of it, of course, but he didn't have a say against my pout and puppy dog eyes. Just like James, he was a sucker for my cute pleading face.

No, no, Avery. Tonight is for forgetting, not remembering James. You've moved on. You must.

Yet had I? Really? With how much my heart clenched at the bare thought of him-of us together, the answer was a blatant no. But of course, denial gripped my aching heart.

I picked at the end of my oversized sweater and chewed on my lip. My face was bare of makeup tonight. I mean, I wasn't trying to impress anyone. I didn't want to take anyone to bed or anything, so what was the use? One of my sneaker-clad feet scratched against the other as Kong drove like a complete maniac to the venue on the invite card.

Even though I'd gotten used to him driving like this, the feeling of unease was always there. The only person I knew who trusted his driving was Patty.

I needed to stop this. I needed a drink.

As Kong pulled into the driveway towards a large gate looming before us, he snorted. "Small house party, my ass."

All I could offer was a small chuckle in reply, but in my head, I was glad it wasn't just a small party. Small parties meant a higher risk of being seen, spoken to, and denied the chance to drink my sorrows away.

We came to a stop by the gate. A static voice sounded from the speaker on our side as Kong brought down his window. "Names?"

"Kong Hi Soo and Avery Camden." As the speaker went quiet, Kong tapped his fingers against the steering wheel. And then the gates started opening.

"Go on in," the person at the other end said.

Without replying but sporting an excited grin, Kong drove into the premises, and let me say this; the place was huge. I didn't think there was a particular rule or a space given for cars to be parked because different cars parked in different places all over the large lawn. Some students leaned in groups next to some cars. Others hung around the house. A few were laughing beside the fountain in the middle of the premises.

Kong snapped me out of my staring when he spoke. "Remember the plan; get drunk, probably get laid, and forget about everything for one night at least. We can think about what to do next, tomorrow. Just have fun tonight."

I. Need. This.

I grinned, trying to match his excitement. "Meet back here if we're not drunk, inform each other if we're not coming home, and just find a place to sleep here if it gets too dark and we're too tired to hit the road. All clear."