chapter 12

Recap :

 "Come with me." I said that and started walking. We went inside the car. I got her a gift to lighten up her mood. I gave it to her.

"This for you. You can use it as you wish". She didn't even say thank you. But it's fine; she is angry with me, and I understand that because I am the one who got her in that hospital in the first place.

Amelia's POV: 

This is the first time me and Leo have had a real fight. We had a fight, and now I am not talking to him. He gave me a gift. It's my phone, and I am actually happy to receive it, but I did not say even a thank you to him because I was angry at him, and my phone gave me a chance to ignore him all the way to his home. So I watched my phone. I want to call my mom so badly. Actually, my plan of escaping has miserably failed because of Anthena's absence. So I have to rethink it. But first I have to call my mom. Leo parked the car. I ran out of the car and into the house. I went to a room, but it was locked. I can't actually go back into Leo's room after we have had a huge fight. I tried another guest room, and it was open, so I went inside the room and called Mom immediately.

"Hello mom".

"Amelia! " 

"How are you, mom?"

"I am fine, dear. How are you? How did that man treat you? Did he harm you? How did you get your phone? Did he know that you are talking to me?" My mom started filling me with questions.

" Mom I am perfectly I fine Leo doesn't harm me. I am fine; you don't worry about me."

I spoke to my mom for a few minutes. I told her I would be home as soon as possible. I didn't tell her about the whole hospital thing. I don't want to stress her. That's when I realized I was hungry. I went towards the kitchen with my phone in my hands, and I got some strawberries from the fridge. Then I saw Leo going somewhere in the house. He saw me. Then my phone started ringing, and I saw it. It's from an unknown number. I lifted the call, and Leo was watching me.

"Hello " 

"Hi Amelia"

"Who is this?"

" Oww . Did you forget me, darling? "

"Hey, who are you?" 

Leo listened to the conversation and was coming towards me. I cut the phone, and I started walking away from Leo before he could catch me. I went inside the room and locked the door. I called that number again.

"Hello Amelia,"  the male voice said that again.

"Who are you?" I asked

"Did you forget me, babe?" "Who the hell are you and what are you talking about?"

"You see that little girl in the house you are living in. What's her name again? Ha, Cilia, I think ".

"Hey, who are you? Where's cilia? What are you even talking about?"

"I don't know Amelia. If you want her safe and alive, you need to come out of Leo's mansion exactly at 12."

Then I got angry: "Why should I come? I am going to tell this to Leo right away."

"Oh, oh, Amelia!" "If you tell this to Leo, then Cilia's dead body will be on your doorstep tomorrow morning" . 

"Please don't do this; she is so small and so innocent; she doesn't deserve this, please."

"Amelia, if you do as I say, then that cute little girl will be left unharmed."

"What's your name?"

"You don't ask me questions. I am the boss here." By saying that, he cut off the call. I was wondering whether to tell this to Leo. Cilia is Leo's sister. I saw her a few times. She is so cute. She doesn't deserve this. If I make a little mistake, her life will be on the line.

Then there was a knock on my door. I opened the door to see Leo.

"Who is on the phone?" he asked. I am not sure if I had to tell him the truth or not."It's my friend," I said. He doesn't look convinced by my answer.

I just want to tell Leo everything and burst into his arms. But if that person did anything to Cilia, then I can't live with myself.

Then Leo asked, "Are you OK?"

That one question made me break down. " NO , NO no ." Then he came rushing to me. I collapsed to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. He took me in his arms.

"What's wrong, Amelia? Did something happen? Should we go back to the hospital?" His voice was laced with concern.

" No , Leo . Your s-s-sister.  They took-k her-

"No, Amelia, my sister is fine. Who told you ?" I was trembling in his arms with fear of what they would do to that little girl.

Then we heard a faint voice at the doorstep."B-bowther" (brother) We turned toward the door to see a little Cilia. Oh my god, she is safe. I have never been so happy in my life. I went towards that girl and engulfed her in a huge hug.

"Oh my god, you're safe," I said as I kissed her cheeks, which were probably hurting.

"B-bowther, who is she?" She asked, looking towards Leo.

Poor girl, she might be so scared of me. I am a stranger, and I gave her kisses and hugs even before introducing myself.

" Sorry. I am Amelia. I am your brother's f-friend."Leo looked like he was in shock, because not so long ago we had a huge fight, and now I am calling him my friend. Even I am shocked.

"Hello, I am Cilia," that little girl said.

"Cilia, now go to your room. You can spend time with Amelia tomorrow," Leo said.

That girl mumbled an okay and went to her room.

I stood up from the ground, as did Leo. He sat on the bed, and I am still standing.

"Who told you that Cilia is not home?" He got into a serious tone.

"I don't know the name. Some unknown number called and said... I told Leo the whole phone conversation. He was calm. That's what scares me the most. He should get angry, but he is so calm. I don't know what to do. Suddenly, he got up from the bed and started walking towards me. Oh my god, what did I do now? Is he angry at me? No, there's no reason to be. I am so scared that I didn't leave the place. He came closer to me, and he did something I never thought he would do... He gave me a hug.

"I am so sorry you have to go through this." Oh my freaking god, the famous Italian mafia boss is apologizing to me.

Then he was about to pull it off. I heard a voice behind me.

"Awww, you guys are so cute. Have children already."LUCA . How long has he been there? Leo broke the hug, and I turned to see Luca at the doorstep. Leo is looking at him with a hard glare that suggests he could be six feet under if looks could kill. I, on the other hand, was so embarrassed and probably looked like a tomato.

Hii guys . I missed you so much. I will try to give as many updates as possible. Thank you for reading 💞   I love you guys. I would love to read your comments. Comments fill my heart with happiness. Thank you, guys!