chapter 4

Leonardo's POV: 

The day at the mall

I hate this man. The only reason he is alive is because he is my best friend. He is literally a girl. Oops, I forgot to introduce myself. Hi, I am Leonardo King. I am the head of King Industries. Not as simple as that; I am the head of the Italian mafia. I practically rule this country. Everything is under my control. Now I need you to know why I am grumpy. There is a man sitting beside me who is my second in command, my best friend, and he is like my brother. He is taking me freaking shopping. Seriously, what kind of mafia boss goes shopping with his best friend? That's not a problem; he is squealing like a girl thinking of the things he needs to buy. This infamous man's name is Luca, or Luca Black. So now I am in my car with him beside me. We are heading to the mall, which was recently opened, and trust me when I say I am least interested. The only reason I am going is because Luca promised me he would be serious with his work for a day if I came to the mall with him. I think now you understand my situation.

While I was checking my mail in my car, I heard a squeal again. "Luca, if you don't stop it, I am going to strangle you to death with my tie." He looked at me and saw the serious look in my face, and he stayed silent. It's so hard to handle both my business and the mafia at the same time, and my second-in-command is not helping either.

My father was killed by our rival Russian mafia. I hate them. After the death of my father, I became the head of the Italian Mafia at the age of 20. I am so ruthless, cold, and arrogant. I have my mom and a little sister living with me. I am planning revenge for my father's death. Even though I am in the mafia, I respect women. I just deal with guns and drugs. But the Russian mafia has gone beyond their limits with regard to women's trafficking, and I know it's time to put them in their place.

But this town's sheriff is not disturbing my activities; she is not even an obstacle to me. My men can deal with her, but right now, as you know, I am in a mall with my best friend, and I really have zero interest in shopping. "Hey, I am going home," I said. Even after his promise, I just can't tolerate this. I am a man with less patience; I can't help it."There's no way, you are staying here; we are going to complete the shopping," Luca said."No, Luca I don't have time for this". Then the phone rang in my pocket. I pick it up.

(In the call) "Hi boss.""Yes, tell me, George, what's the matter?"

"Boss, the sheriff you have asked me to deal with was spotted in the mall you are in with a young girl. She might be her daughter's boss."

"OK, I will take care of the sheriff. Just drop this and concentrate on your gun shipment."

"Yes, boss" (end of the call). 

After the call with George, I couldn't actually find the sheriff since this is one huge mall. So I decided to take care of her another day. Finally, it's past lunchtime, and Luca agreed that we should go home. So we were walking out of the mall when I saw a girl. She is looking at a necklace like it's the most beautiful thing in the world. She is quite short and has the deepest shade of blue eyes I have ever seen. Her eyes can speak thousands of words. She is so beautiful. Wait, what the hell am I even thinking about? I am a ruthless and successful man for a reason. I don't gawk at girls like the other men. I didn't realize that I stopped walking and staring at the girl until now. I suddenly got back to my senses and walked away from that girl.

Then Luca gave me a questioning look and asked, "What was that about man?"

"What was what about?" I asked him in return. He just gave me a smirk and dropped the subject. We got in our car and went home to our mansion.

After an exhausting time spent at the shopping mall, I returned home with Luca by my side. We have to start planning our attack.

It was 8:00 in the evening when I received a call from an unknown number."Hello, Leonadro King speaking."'Hello leo".

"Who are you?" I asked with anger."How are you doing, my dear friend?""Who is this?"

"Oh, how could you forget your long-lasting enemy?"

"Brandon?"

"Yea, right answer."

"What do you want?"

"It seems that you have got your eye on some girl."

"Brandon, if you dare to lay a finger on-"

"Oh, let's see how well you could keep your sister, mother, and secret love safe."

"Don't lay hands on them."

"Bye Leo".By the end of the call, I was filled with rage. I threw my fist on the table, and it broke into pieces. I started throwing everything into my room. I cannot contain my rage. How dare he threaten my mom, my little sister, and that girl? Through the destruction I made in my room, Luca came inside.

"What's this, Leo?" "What did you do?" he asked.

I told him about the phone call from Brandon.

"Where are mom and cilia?"

"'They are at the National Park."

"Okay, let's go there immediately."

Both me and Luca got seated in the car.

I got a doubt

"How did he know about the girl?"

Luca said, "I think someone in our close circle is a traitor." "We have to keep an eye on them."We are on our way to the park. I am so tense. If anything happens to them,I couldn't forgive myself. After a period of time, we reached Mom and Cilia. I am so relaxed. But behind them, I saw the girl. She looked so frightened. Is she afraid of me? I think her mom told her about me and that she could never like me. Ya, she is the sheriff's daughter, but I still don't know her name. But if she loved me, she would be in more danger. All my enemies would go for her. I like her so much that I cannot put her in danger. I have to let her go. I never thought I could fall so hard for a girl. I have to prepare myself to leave her. She is so innocent and fragile to come into this cruel world called the mafia, filled with rage and betrayal, but she just ran by looking at me. She may have thought that I was following her, but I have to keep my distance from her.