ix

(September 27, 2016)

Natasha's POV

Today was the day. It was Pepper's birthday, but also the first day Peter and I could be around each other without hiding everything. Everyone was done with eating, but Pepper and Tony were still not downstairs. In the meanwhile, Clint's kids, who moved in during the night, were very excited to play with Peter.

"Peter?" "Yes Lila?" "Are you Auntie Nat's son?" "Yeah, why?" "I don't know, you just look a lot like her." "You look also a lot like your father, Lila. Every child does", I decided to meddle in the conversation. "Auntie Nat!", Lila screamed. She ran to me and hugged me, while she jumped on me. She saw me yesterday, but I think she forgot, because all the kids were very tired. "Hello sweetheart. How've you been?" "I've been good and I made a lot of drawings for you!" "We can see them tomorrow, okay? Today is Pepper's birthday." "Who is Pepper?" "She's the blond lady you saw yesterday." "Ooh, I remember. Let's go and wish her a happy birthday then." "I think she's still asleep sweetie. Let's play with Peter a bit more", I said while I put her down and smiled at Peter. "Good morning mom." "Good morning милая." I kissed him on the cheek and he walked with Lila to Cooper.

 After an hour, Tony came downstairs: "Okay everyone, Pepper is going too be down in 10 minutes. You all know the plan, right?" "Yes Tony, you've been planning this for months. It's all going to be okay."  "What if she says no, I mean-" "Anthony Edward fucking Stark, she's not going to say no, because she loves you. Go out there and steal the show, it's your girlfriend's birthday. We know the plan and it is going to work", I tried giving him a pep-talk. "Thanks, Nat" "You're welcome", I said while Tony ran upstairs and we all went into position.

Pepper's POV

I took a shower and got ready to go downstairs, but then I needed to trow up again. Men I hate pregnancy. When I grabbed my clothes, I saw that Tony had picked a dress. There was a little note stuck to it:

Hey Pep, happy birthday! Remember a few birthdays of you ago? I'll help you: you were wearing this beautiful dress and we almost kissed. That was the moment I realized I loved you. Anyway, put this on and come downstairs.

I never knew he was such a romantic, but I put the dress on. It was a little tight, because of the pregnancy and you could see my belly a bit, but I wore it anyway. I came out of the room when I saw a rose taped to the elevator, with another note stuck to it:

You found the second note I see. I'm waiting for you on the 6th floor.

What is he doing? I stepped into the elevator and went to the 6th floor, where Steve was apparently waiting for me. He also gave me a rose with a note on it:

We've been trough a lot and I just want to say thank you for always being by my side.

"Steve? What is going on?" "Just come with me, it'll explain everything." I followed him and I felt him laying an arm on my back. 

When we came into the next room, everyone except for Natasha and Wanda were there. They all had a word that they gave me. Clint gave me 'I', Thor gave me 'wouldn't', Scott gave me 'know', Bruce gave me 'what', Vision gave me 'I would', Rhodey gave me 'do', Sam gave me 'without' and Peter gave me 'you'. At the end gave Laura and her kids gave me the note:

I wouldn't know what I would do without you.

"What is going on here?" They didn't say anything. "Guys, just tell me." Steve walked me to the next room, where Natasha and Wanda were. "No, not you guys to." They gave me a white rose with another note:

I just have one question for you

Then the lights when out for a second and when they turned back one, there he was. Tony Stark, on one knee, with a ring in one hand and a red rose with a last note on it:

Pepper Potts, will you marry me?

"Yes. Yes, a million times yes!" He put the ring around my finger and I hugged him. "Happy birthday, fiancée", he smirked. I looked him in the eyes and kissed him.

Natasha's POV

It was so cute to see how much Tony loved her, because when I first met them, they just started dating and Tony was still known as the playboy he once was. I congratulated them and led them to the breakfast Wanda and I put together. Tony didn't know about it and was surprised. "Why did you do this, Nat? I didn't ask for it", he said quietly, so that Pepper couldn't hear it. "I'm just happy that the person Ive known the longest finally settles down for the woman he really loves." "Well that's cute." "I still hate you", I laughed "Oh I hate you more", he jokes and he sat down at the table. "Well enjoy your first meal as an engaged couple", Wanda said and we both walked away. 

-time skip-

Tonight was another party, and it was one of the biggest parties I had ever seen, which meant two things: 1, it was really big and 2, the wedding was going to be much much bigger. Good thing Pepper and Tony were going to enjoy a long engagement and wait till after the baby was born. I was with Peter and Wanda all the time, just talking and walking around. A lot of press wanted to talk to Peter, but he declined, just like I taught him. "Mom?", he said quietly so only Wanda and I could hear. "Yeah?" "Can you bring me upstairs? I'm really tired." "Yeah of course", I said and turned to Wanda, "Sorry I'm going to bring Peter upstairs, I'll be back soon." "no it's  okay, I'm going to bed too. I'm also tired." "I'll put you two to bed then. Come on, let's go upstairs." First we both stopped at Peter's room. I kissed him on the cheek and said: "Goodnight милая" "Goodnight mom." Then Wanda and I went to our own floor and I gave her a hug and also said goodnight. I went to bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

---------------

if you want me to marry you, here is how :))

(im just kidding)

thank you for 2.7k reads, it's incredible

also, i'm very sorry if i made you feel single, but i also did that to myself :)

{posted: 04/20/2021}

---------------

okay again, I made this chapter longer cuz I thought it was short

enjoy!!

{first edit: 12/30/2021}