viii

(September 26, 2016)

Natasha's POV

I really wasn't in the mood to cook anything for dinner, so I just ordered Chinese food. Peter came downstairs, clearly stressed out. "Are you ready to tell them, Pete?" "I think so..." "Do you want to tell them or should I?" "I wanna tell them, I think I might have a fun idea." "Peter, we're not in a movie, you know." "I know, but I just want to prank them." I looked at him and sighed: "Fine I'm in, I need to get back to Tony anyway." "Yes!" He explained what he was planning to do. I laughed at his enthusiasm and waited for the Chinese to arrive.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., tell everyone to get here, dinner is ready." "Of course, Ms. Romanoff." Suddenly, everyone came downstairs. "What's for dinner?", Steve asked. "Chinese, because I was too lazy to cook." "I can learn how to cook, then you and Pepper don't have to do it all the time." "That would be nice, Vision. But it's fine." "Tony?", Clint asked and everyone went quiet. He doesn't talk a lot, so that's why we're all surprised. Usually he's also at the farm with his family "Can I ask my family to move in here? In the tower? I just don't want to go to the farm and back every week" "Of course you can. That's why you got that big apartment with 3 extra bedrooms." "Thank you, Tony." "No problem." 

We were all just chitchatting, when Peter gave me the sign that we were going to do the prank. I smirked at him and I focused on what he was saying. "Mr. Stark?" "It's Tony, kid." "Sorry, Tony?" "Yes?" "I was wondering if we might go and do something fun with the Avengers. Like doing some team building activities in the woods." "Yeah that seems fun, but maybe we can do something a little more casual. Like go to the beach", Rhodey interrupted. I saw where Peter was going, but I just decided to ignore it. 

After some discussion, they all decided to go to the beach. It was the safest option, because of course Tony owned an island with a beach where we could go. "Yeah, that's cool. I just have to ask my mom", Peter said. Everyone knew what happened to his parents so they all looked very surprised and I decided to play along. As always, broke Sam the awkward silence: "Peter, isn't your mom de-" "Don't worry, I'll just call her." Everyone looked more surprised, because everyone knows that you can't call dead people.

Everyone went silent when Peter grabbed his phone and clicked a few times on the screen. He held the phone at his ear and after a few seconds, my phone also started ringing. "I'm so sorry, I have to take this one." Everyone was thunderstruck, while I casually answered the phone call. "Hello милая, is there something?" They were all shocked, but also interested in our conversation. "I'm so sorry for interrupting, but I kinda have a question for you." "Okay, go ahead." "Is it okay if I go to the beach with the Avengers next weekend?" "I guess that's okay. Just be careful, sweetheart." "Mom, what can happen at a fucking beach?" "Watch your language young man!" "Sorry mom." "Have fun at the beach." "Thanks mom, bye."

Everyone went quiet. Vision was the first to talk. "So that's big news." "It kinda is, isn't it?", Peter responded casually. "But how did you-? Who's the father?" "It's a rapist and we're not going to talk about him, okay?" "He's Peter's father after all." "Sam, he worked for the KGB, he used to rape me every time I made a mistake or when he just wanted to. You wanna talk about how much it used to hurt or not?", I shut Sam off. "How long have you known?", Wanda asked "I knew it the moment I saw the name Parker, but I was in denial until he told me his third name was Natalia, which is my birth name." "Yeah, and I found out when mom told me, the day after my birthday." "Is that why   "Peter really turned you into a protective, but softie, mom, didn't he?" "Okay Steve, you already knew, so you don't get to make fun of me." "You already knew?" "It wasn't my place to tell and if I told you, Natasha would kill me." "Like she's not going to do that right now?", Wanda laughed. I gave Steve a dead stare. "Yeah, you're dead", Clint laughed.

When all the questions were answered, we all just enjoyed the rest of our dinner. "Tony, can I talk to you?", I said after dinner. "Yeah of course, what's up." "I just want to thank you for recruiting Peter, because it brought the two of us together and I want you to know that I don't want to take Peter away from you." "Nat, you don't-" "I know how close you guys are and me being his mother doesn't change that. You can still be close with him, I figured you should know that." "Well thank you, I guess" "Also I want to start a charity for mothers in need, so no one has to go trough what I went trough and I was wondering if you'd like to help financially, you know, because you have all the money." "Yeah of course, that's a great idea and I'll definitely help you." "Thank Tony", I said while giving him a hug. "You've really gone soft havent you." "Oh shut the fuck up Tony." 

Peter went to sleep and I helped Clint with cleaning his apartment, because Laura and the kids were already on their way. "Lila is going to be so happy when she sees you. She really misses you, you know." "I know, I miss her too. I miss Cooper as well and I'm looking forward to meet Nate." "I think you'll love him." "I think I will."

---------------

thank you so much for 1.5k reads! I can't believe so many people are enjoying this story. 

I hope you enjoy this short chapter

{posted: 04/06/2021}

---------------

again, made this chapter a bit longer :)

{first edit: 12/30/2021}