Chapter 23: A Second Chance

CHAPTER 23: A SECOND CHANCE

Meanwhile, all this while, Sam was lost in a dark world of formlessness. He couldn't see anything around him but could hear voices all around him. They kept screaming.

"DON'T LEAVE US! PLEASE HELP US!"

Then Sam felt as though he were being carried upwards by the wind. And then a bright light appeared so suddenly, it was as if Sam had just opened his eyes. He found himself standing outside a huge golden wall with a huge Golden Gate. There seemed to be no solid ground but the place where the ground was supposed to be was covered with Clouds. The surroundings were so colourful, they made the environment of Earth pale in comparison.

At the Gate, a person stood holding two gigantic keys. The person was cloaked in white linen and had a golden halo that looked like beams of light flowing in different directions above his head. He had a very long list in his hands and Sam could not see his face.

Sam walked to him and asked him.

"Please Sir, may you be so kind as to tell me where I am?"

"As a matter of fact I will" he replied.

"How did I get here? The last thing I remember was that I was falling, a moment of great pain and this. I can't possibly be dead now can I?" Sam asked.

"As a matter of fact, you are and this is the third time now you have died and come here, more times than any human ever has but I am afraid that this time you cannot return for your corporeal body has been destroyed" the man or spirit said.

"Am I in Heaven? And are you St. Peter?" Sam asked.

"You ask too many unnecessary questions! Let's just say that you have been granted eternal rest, congratulations!" the man said.

Suddenly, another figure slowly materialized to form a muscular manly figure with white feathery wings, wearing armour and bearing a fiery sword.

"Archangel Michael, Prince Of The Heavenly Army, it is about time you arrived" the man said.

"I'm sorry to be late St. Peter but there were a few demons I had to send back to Hell. They managed to break through the South Gate" Michael replied.

He looked very young and extremely handsome with blonde curly hair.

"As you are a Guardian as well, I assign you to take care of this newcomer" St Peter pointed to Sam.

Michael took one look at Sam and jumped back.

"Whoa!" he exclaimed. "Another neutral? We've had trouble with them before. They are extremely dangerous. What is this one doing in Heaven?" Michael asked.

"Heaven?! Whoa whoa whoa! You're trying to tell me that I am in Heaven?" Sam asked.

"You're not supposed to be here anyway" Michael said as he lifted his sword.

His eyes began to glow fiery red. He was nearly about to strike Sam when St Peter stopped him.

"Michael. Yes, he is a neutral but he has chosen to be a Guardian of the Light and he is also this generation's Guardian Of Earth".

Michael hesitated and then he put his sword in its sheath and his flaming eyes stopped glowing.

"Whoa whoa, neutrals? Guardians Of Light? What's this all about?!" Sam asked.

Michael looked at St Peter in surprise.

"He doesn't know what he is?" he asked.

"Please don't tell me that I'm not human" Sam pleaded.