Chapter 14: The Final Battle Begins; Discovery

CHAPTER 14: THE FINAL BATTLE BEGINS; DISCOVERY

"Follow that light. It will take you to the Cave where Saurian and General Plesiosaur are fighting" Sam said. "There is something important I must do".

"Thank you" Ephragon bowed respectfully.

Sam bowed and Ephragon left. Immediately Ephragon entered the Cave, Sam heard Saurian say...

"Ephragon, is that you?

"Yes, thanks to the human" Sam heard Ephragon reply.

"Yes, we both owe him our gratitude" Saurian said.

"Where is that scoundrel who murdered our brother?!" Ephragon asked.

"He is standing right there" Saurian said.

"I'll teach you to harm the innocent!" Ephragon said.

"Watch your temper brother" Saurian said.

"You are right brother" Ephragon replied.

The next thing Sam heard were the sound of heavy blows and General Plesiosaur fell out of the Cave. There was a loud 'WHOOSH!' as both Ephragon and Saurian burnt General Plesiosaur by combining their fiery breaths. The connection between Plesiosaur and the Constellation was forcefully broken and Plesiosaur died.

Sam quickly followed the voice to one of the Caves.

"Help!" the voice cried out.

Sam walked into the Cave and saw a woman chained to the Wall.

"Help me! Quick!" she said.

"Who are you?" Sam asked.

"My name is Anne. I was kidnapped by T-Rexus three thousand years ago" she said. "I can help you" she said.

Sam shattered her chains.

"Thank you" she said.

"Three thousand years? Wow, you look pretty for a three thousand and thirty year old" Sam said.

"How did you know my age? I don't recall telling you that" she said.

"Lucky guess, I guess" Sam said. "If you've been here for three thousand years, you probably know all about T-Rexus' schemes" Sam said excitedly.

"T-Rexus hid the last scroll of Saur, the first King of the Dinosaurs in the ground in this room. I think it can help you" Anne said.

Sam searched the walls and floors of the Cave till he found a portion of volcanic ash covering the ground was lighter than the rest. He scraped that portion off and found a Golden Box lying in the ground. He opened the Box and found the Scrolls of Saur and Gon. He decided to read the scroll of Gon first. It read;

"Make your choice

Choose your path

Or you will fall

And lose your heart".

"That is all" Sam said.

"That is all that was written concerning my mission to destroy T-Rexus and restore peace" Sam said.

"This was never about killing T-Rexus. It was about releasing your constellation" Anne said.

"My constellation?" Sam asked in puzzlement.

"Only a constellation can defeat a constellation. You should know, it was in your dream" Anne said.

"Wait a minute, how do you know about the dream? I don't recall telling you anything about the dream" Sam said.

"Jesse had the same dream" Anne said.

"Who is Jesse?" Sam asked.

"Jesse Anderson was..." Anne was saying.

Sam thought he didn't hear correctly.

"What did you say his full name was?" Sam asked looking pale.

"Jesse Anderson" Anne said.

The words rang in Sam's ears. Sam collapsed to the ground but not for long for in a second he was forced back up by the heat in the ground.

"Is anything the matter?" Anne asked.

"Did I mention that I had a dream of Tarantella before I defeated her?" Sam asked.

"No" Anne said.

"Did I mention that my name was Samuel? Samuel Anderson?" Sam said.

"The prophecy did not lie, indeed you are the chosen one!" Anne exclaimed. "Time is running out, you must open the scroll of Saur. Saur was always more detailed. You might understand what you are to do" Anne said.

Sam opened the scroll and read;

"The life of a dinosaur you cannot seize

For high in the Sky it can plainly be seen

A choice you will be given to choose right from ease

With head, heart and destiny, you will bring to them peace".

"More words, not more details. By the way, since you were there when Jesse sealed T-Rexus away, destroyed him or whatever, you should know...um...would you mind telling me how he did it? Such information could help me...save the world from his evil" Sam asked nervously.

"I'm sorry. I was imprisoned by T-Rexus at the time. I don't know how he did it. I know though that after that battle he was gone forever and so was T-Rexus" Anne said.

"Wait a minute, I think you said earlier on that the prophecy revealed that I was the chosen one. If the prophecy was written long ago and Jesse was the chosen one, I don't understand how I can be the chosen one too. The prophecy didn't mention anything about chosen ones so Jesse and I can't both be the chosen one" Sam said in confusion.

"We were never sure if Jesse was actually the one to destroy the evil constellation. It could have been your destiny all this time" Anne said.

"If that's the case, I guess the real question should be, if I am the chosen one, how in heaven's name did Jesse stop T-Rexus?" Sam wondered.