Chapter 3: Discoveries; Betrayed

CHAPTER 3: DISCOVERIES; BETRAYED

"What were you guys talking about?" Jane asked.

Sam looked at John. John looked back at Sam who made an expression that said.

"It wouldn't hurt if she knew".

John raised an eyebrow.

"Okay" said Jane.

"It seems like you guys are using coded language and I want to know what you are talking about" Jane said.

"Serious Anderson business" Sam said.

"Sam, you don't keep secrets from me" Jane said in such a way that Sam's heart began to break.

"Okay, meet me at our secret place this afternoon right after school" Sam said.

She smiled and went to class.

Sam's body began to behave quite strangely that afternoon. He felt hot and cold, sick and yet strangely strong. His heart was beating faster than usual but not because of Jane. It was because of the constellation from his dream. Sam was already at their secret place waiting. Jane soon arrived. Sam gave her a rose which she smelled and smiled at.

"What did you want to tell me?" Jane asked eagerly.

"Jane, it's really difficult. I-I don't know where to start. I don't even know if you will believe me" Sam said looking at the ground.

Jane raised his head so that they were eye to eye.

"Tell me Sam, please" she said.

Sam looked into her eyes for quite some time before saying

"Two years ago, an evil witch was resurrected. I dreamt of her resurrection and so did my cousins and sister. You see, my ancestors burnt her at the stake for witchcraft and she cursed us saying she would destroy the last of the Andersons which is us. She kidnapped my sister" Sam said but was interrupted by Jane.

"I'm sorry" she said.

"Actually, it helped. We tracked her down and ended up in a horrible world where we battled a lot of demons and rescued my sister and cousin. She caught all of us but couldn't touch me. I was thrown into a cage and hanged over a never ending abyss but I managed to escape, saved my family, defeated her and together with my cousins, we saved the world" Sam concluded. "That experience began with a dream. It so happens that yesterday night, I had another nightmare of the constellation. It reawakened the Ancient Dinosaurs which began to destroy the world" Sam said. "But that's not all, we the Andersons, had the same dream" Sam concluded.

Sam waited for Jane's reaction but whatever it was he most certainly didn't expect it. Jane slapped him.

"Ow!" he exclaimed in shock.

"What did I say wrong?" he asked.

"Everything" she said flatly. "You must think I am the most stupid, dumb girl in the whole world" she said.

"No, no, no" Sam said.

"How could you make up such a tale?" Jane asked angrily. "You know, you're really confusing me. Sometimes you are this caring boy who is willing to sacrifice himself for the sake of others but at other times, you're just a pathetic liar" Jane said.

"No Jane, everything I've told you is true" Sam said heartbroken.

"Ask John" Sam said.

"He will lie to save your skin" Jane said as she quickly began to walk away from Sam.

"Ask my cousins" Sam said.

"Family of liars" Jane replied angrily.

"Girls" Sam sighed deeply, hurt.