Chapter 10: Sam's Return

CHAPTER 10: SAM'S RETURN

Sam's eyelids began to twitch as though he was trying hard to shut his eyes. His fingers grasped the handle of the sword tightly and his eyebrows narrowed in a determined look. Sam suddenly opened his eyes and a force of light suddenly engulfed the Cave. Sam removed his left hand from the sword and stretched it. The wooden sword of Ephragon raced from the hidden panel in the wall towards his left hand. He caught it and threw it into the air. He caught its handle on the tip of the sword of Edaphrogon.

Sam shut his eyes and focused his energy. He felt it rising. It stopped at the handle of the Sword Of Edaphrogon. Sam opened his eyes. He looked at Saurian and smiled. Saurian smiled back.

"You can do it Sam, I know you can" Saurian said.

Sam nodded and turned to the sword. The determined look on his face. He forced the rays of lightning quickly through the Sword Of Edaphrogon and paused when the ray reached the tip of the Sword Of Edaphrogon. He turned and looked at John and George.

"Watch and learn from the master" he said with a smile.

Then he turned to the sword and

"TSEEW!"

The rays of lightning rushed through the wooden sword at high speed and was deflected at the tip of the wooden sword in different directions. The rays hit every target in the room and just after the rays passed through the wooden sword, it turned into a pile of hot ash and fell to the ground. Sam landed gently on the ground.

"Well done Sam, I knew you could do it" Saurian said happily.

"Pretty cool" John said to Sam.

"Definitely" George agreed.

"The time has come to complete your training" Ophiacodon said.

"Let's return to level one, are you ready?" Saurian asked.

"Yeah!" Sam said with determination.

Saurian took Sam to the Cave Of Fire and the rock was rolled at its entrance. Fifteen minutes passed, thirty minutes, one hour, no sound came from the cave. Two hours and then there was a loud 'WHOOSH!' in the Cave. The rock was removed and Sam stepped out as clean as polished glass. What was shocking was that the fire in the Cave was completely extinguished.

"What in the name of Blaze, king of the Dragon homeworld just happened?" Saurian asked.

"The fire went out" Sam said mechanically and walked away.

"He didn't even smell like Smokey, the clumsiest dragon in the Dragon World!" Saurian exclaimed in shock.

"Let us proceed to level three. Remember, just ford off the flames. Dragon fire is a thousand degrees Celsius hotter than human fire. I am truly surprised that you survived the first time" Saurian said.

"Ready" Saurian asked.

"Yeah" Sam replied.

Saurian took in a deep breath and 'WHOOSH!' the fire came out. Sam stretched his arms and had a flashback of Firel-Iton rushing at him. He put his hands down and clenched his fists as the fire engulfed him. The fire was absorbed and joined his balance of power. Saurian realized that Sam was absorbing the fire and stopped blowing.

"Well done Sam, you have completed your training" Saurian said.

"Will you accept your responsibility as the chosen one?" Saurian asked.

"I will" Sam said.

"This is not the end yet!" T-Rexus roared as he observed the scene through his Obsidian Sphere. "We will soon battle and then you will see that neither the chosen one nor the dragon can stop me!" he shouted angrily. "And keep this in mind girl" he said to Jane. "He may have forgiven you but that doesn't mean he will accept you" T-Rexus sneered at Jane.

"Don't worry Jane, Sam will understand, I know him" Lucy said.

I have some presents for you Sam" Saurian said.

"Cool, what are they?!" Sam asked excitedly.

"The sword and shield of Edaphrogon" Saurian said as he presented the items to Sam. "You were meant to receive them" Saurian said.

"I know what these mean to you Saurian. Thank you" Sam said.

"May their light and the light of your heart guide you in your decisions" Saurian said.

Sam took the sword and shield and they began to glow.

"Their combined power makes you invisible" Saurian said.

A bright white light covered Sam. The light disappeared when Sam put the items down. He began to think of Jane. He began to wonder whether or not she was alright. John sensed his worries.

"Don't worry Sam, she is alright" John said.

"Saurian, how do we know when to battle?" Sam asked.

"We will battle on the night the constellation glows brightest. We always battle on that night" Saurian answered.

"How could you see me when I was holding the Sword and Shield?" Sam asked.

"The Sword and Shield are made of Dragon Steel and Silver. They were designed in such a way that those who stand for good can see the bearer. That is, until you wear your armour, then you will be totally invisible, even to John" Saurian said.

"Armour? I actually get my own armour? That is so cool!" Sam exclaimed excitedly.

Then he calmed down.

"That armour was specially made for you" Saurian said.

"Thanks Saurian" Sam said.

Sam looked at the armour that was presented to him. It had strange markings all over it and the image of a boy riding a dragon shone across the breastplate. The Shield had the markings as well. Sam noticed that the Armour, Sword and Shield had become very light but tough. Sam tried on the armour. It fit him perfectly and it was as light as a feather. The Sword and Shield reacted in the same way.

"This armour is perfect. It feels really comfortable" Sam said excitedly.

"This armour can protect you from almost anything" Saurian said.

"Almost?" Sam asked curiously.

"Let's just say except from your destiny?" Saurian said not quite sure he used the right words.

"Very funny Saurian" Sam said.

"Sam, have you by any chance read any of the scrolls? Do you know what we're up against?" Saurian asked.

"No, I haven't had the time but I've been meaning to" Sam answered. "Why, is there anything I need to know?" Sam asked.

"I've already told you that we'll battle on the brightest night of the constellation..." Saurian was saying.

"Yes?" Sam said nervously and curiously at the same time.

"But if we haven't destroyed T-Rexus by the time the final star moves in to complete the mouth of the constellation..." Saurian was saying.

"All is lost?" Sam completed the sentence with a guess.

"Yes" Saurian said.

"But why the mouth of the constellation. What will happen if you know, we don't destroy T-Rexus in time?" John asked.

Sam wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer to that. The only problem with him not wanting to know the answer to that was that he already did.

"You entered this realm through the mouth of the constellation. From that time, the stars separated and you can say the clock began a countdown" Saurian said pausing momentarily.

"Countdown to what?" John asked.

"Countdown to re-alignment. Once the stars align, T-Rexus will be able to move out to dominate your time and dimension...on EARTH!" Saurian said.