Chapter 18: The Choice

CHAPTER 18: THE CHOICE

"No!" Sam shouted.

"What the...?!" John screamed.

The last star was beginning to move into place. They could almost see the evil smile on the constellation's face.

"Come on! You've got to be kidding me!" George yelled at the constellation.

As though it heard, its sinister smile extended. T-Rexus laughed at them.

"Your head is good, your heart is strong but you will lose your Destiny" he growled. "We will soon find out if you are truly the chosen one!"

"Every three thousand years, an evil constellation seizes the earth. Five days later, the battle for the Earth rages. The evil constellation can be stopped by the true chosen ones but for centuries, none of the chosen ones have been able to make the right choice. All of them have fallen and hope was lost for the earth. All except one has been able to quell the evil, but at the price of his soul. Heart and Destiny have a connection. Without heart, there is no destiny" Ophiacodon narrated.

"Of course it was foolish of them to challenge me in the first place" T-Rexus boasted.

"Listen to your heart Sam and you will make the right choice" Ophiacodon encouraged.

"But what if I fail?" Sam asked nervously. "The whole world is counting on me and I don't know what to do" Sam said, a knot tightening in his belly.

His body was suddenly cold. T-Rexus smiled and thought to himself, a thought only he should know...for now.

"Okay" Sam said. "What is the choice?" he asked.

"There is no choice, just an ugly three sided death staring you in the face" T-Rexus said.

"Uh! He is so annoying! Remind me to tear him apart when this is over!" Sam yelled angrily trying to get close enough to fry T-Rexus.

"Stop this Sam" Ophiacodon ordered in a gentle but firm voice.

"I've never seen Sam this angry" Jane whispered to Lucy.

"I have" Lucy whispered back to Jane. "You should have seen how angry he was when Tarantella tied us excluding him of course to the stake and was about to burn us up!"

"What happened then?" Jane asked.

"He did, he rescued us, freed us and in short, sort of destroyed Tarantella" Lucy said.

"Oh really?" T-Rexus lowered his head to whisper. "What are you gossiping about now? We Dark siders enjoy a good dose of gossip. It's how we spread chaos!" he said.

Jane slapped him hard.

"Ow!" she said trying to shake the pain from her hand and kicked him in the stomach.

"Boo hoo, no manners, why am I not surprised?" T-Rexus taunted.

"Dude" George whispered to Sam. "I've never seen her this angry before".

"Well I have" Sam whispered back.

"Unlucky for you dude...unlucky for you" George pretended to be sorry for Sam.

Sam glared at him barely restraining himself from punching George.

"You know...dude?" Sam whispered sharply and tauntingly at the same time. "The only thing preventing me from frying your butt is that you're human and you're an Anderson and therefore if I fried your butt we'd be one member short, got it?" Sam threatened.

"Oh come on, don't take your anger out on me. Go whip some Dinosaur butt" George teased. "You know for what it's worth I think you're the perfect couple!" George said.

"Thank you! Are you finished?" Sam growled.

"Not quite, you two should consider marriage and when Papa Hulk and Mama Hulk have Baby Hulk..." George was teasing.

"Huh?!" Sam glared at George even more menacingly than T-Rexus had ever looked at him.

"...they can whip each other's butts angrily ever after" George concluded.

"GEORGE! You are a psychopathic, paranormal human being!" Sam insulted.

"Thank you, that's like the nicest thing you've said all day" George teased sarcastically.

"Ah humans! Their emotions are as transient as they are. Sometimes I wonder if all the training was worth it" Saurian said.

"Yes, they are very easy to corrupt" Trix said.

"You don't seem so bad. Why do you work for T-Rexus anyway?" Saurian asked.

"It's because I have no choice" Trix said.

"The choice!" Saurian recalled. "Sam! The choice!" Saurian called.

"Oh yeah! I forgot!" Sam said.

Saurian sighed in boredom.

"Oh my!" Sam looked into the sky and noticed that the last star had almost completed its cycle.

"What is the choice?" Sam asked for the second time within that hour.

"What do you mean you have no choice? Everyone has a choice" Saurian said looking quite puzzled.

"My story is one of the saddest known to Dinosaurs" Trix raised his hands to the constellation and everything froze.

All the Dinosaurs including T-Rexus froze. All except for the Andersons and Jane. Saurian, Ophiacodon and Trix weren't frozen. Time froze and so did the constellation.

"I will tell you my story, the true story" Trix said.