Chapter 2: Sam Becomes A Hero

CHAPTER 2: SAM BECOMES A HERO

The leader of the bullies charged at Sam only to receive a punch that sent him flying backwards at high speed.

"Billy, are you okay?" the other boys asked.

"Get him!" Billy shouted.

The other three boys rushed at Sam but Sam was faster. With a flying kick here and a punch there and a chop here, he managed to subdue the bullies.

"You'll think twice next time before attacking a girl" Sam said to the bullies whom had started to run away.

Jane hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek. Sam blushed severely. Sam was snapped back to reality by a group of students applauding for him. Some teachers rushed to the scene and questioned the students present and they explained what Sam had done. The teachers cautioned Sam in public but thanked him in private and Sam soon discovered that he had saved the school from becoming infamous. Mr Powers heard from Jane how Sam had saved her and personally thanked Sam.

Though Sam became famous, he was still very humble and this impressed Jane even more than before. Sam and John were still best friends though and John was never envious of Sam's good fate. Soon, Sam and Jane began to become very close friends and were always seen together. Indeed, it could be said that Sam and Jane were really in love. They carved their names on a tree and that became their secret place where they met and shared secrets.

Sam thought of nothing else but Jane when he arrived at home. He dreamt of her. Sam dreamt that he and Jane were at their secret place laughing together, talking and suddenly, the sky was illuminated by the form of an evil dinosaur which laughed scornfully at him. Sam felt Jane slowly drift away.

"No!" he shouted.

Suddenly, time seemed to reverse and Sam saw himself fighting Tarantella two years ago. Then time reversed far back to sixty billion years ago during the meteor shower that killed the last of the dinosaurs but something happened and time fast forwarded to three thousand years before the present when the same constellation of the dinosaur appeared. Suddenly, an energy bolt of lightning began to generate from the eyes of the Dinosaur Constellation and the face of the constellation was illuminated by lightning which struck the earth and destroyed all the meteors that killed the Dinosaurs hence awakening the Ancient Dinosaurs which were led by T-Rexus, their tyrannic ruler. The Dinosaurs began to destroy the earth but there was one thing they missed. A piece of the meteor rock wasn't destroyed. Instead, it wore off revealing a huge green egg which fell in a Cave. A whisper of a voice said to Sam.

"Find the chosen one, find the egg, find...the Andersons".

Images flashed in Sam's mind and he woke up quickly and wiped his forehead and eyebrows which were covered in sweat. It was just about 5:30am and Sam thought it wise to prepare for school.

Sam arrived early at school that morning and began to perform his daily chore of cleaning the compound. After about an hour of hard work, Sam fell asleep. He was awakened by a kiss to his cheek. He woke up to stare into the face of John and Jane.

"Are you okay?" John asked.

"Yeah, just a little tired" Sam answered.

"Rough night huh?" John asked.

"Oh no!" Sam exclaimed. "You too?!" Sam asked.

"Yeah" John said.

Sam knew perfectly what John was trying to say.

"I saw shaped stars" John said.

This confirmed Sam's fears. John was telling Sam that he had the same dream!