PART VIII

June 23, 1940

He had been posted in the Leyte Islands.
The water's cold.... Tsubasa sat near a waterfall, When he noticed someone staring at him, he looked up to see a small girl with an anxious face staring back at him.
He smiled as he fondly remembered Yurari from when she was younger. Everyday in his dreams he saw Yurari smiling next to him, talking to him; later he'd wake up alone in the tent, letting a few tears escape as he tried to calm himself.
Without warning a gunshot rang out almost hitting the small girl.
'Hey! she's just a kid!' He shouted to the man firing, Tsubasa recognized the him as a lieutenant from his batch.
The man ignored him and aimed again. Without realizing Tsubasa's instinct kicked in as he ran towards the kid pushing out of harm's way, getting hit instead. He didn't notice the cliff before he started falling down.
His only last thought was her.

Yurari....

................................

.
.
.

Tsubasa had a strange dream.

He was standing on the banks of a river with Yurari.
She was saying something, but he could not hear anything.
Everything was silent.
He felt that he ended to cross over, move on to the other side.
He started walking, hesitating, slowly taking steps.
She grabbed onto his shirt pulling my back and he saw her cry, he couldn't understand why...
He reached his hand towards her but before he could touch her everything went white.

"Don't cry..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay so I may be wrong but generally from what I'm gathered in Japan people cross over to the other side and the crossing area?
Is like a plain field. With flowers and greener and in books and movies?
The person who is to cross over sees the one he/she loves most.

Tell me if there is anything else!

Adios prisms!