PART IV

1935

'Itterrashai!' Yurari beamed at Tsubasa as he left the house, waving back at her.
Yurari's everyday was very busy, she had been taught to read and write by Okinu and Tsubasa, and she now taught the neighborhood children the same, along with stitching, cooking, playing instruments and dancing. The only free time she got was the afternoon.
Today she sipped tea as she sat in the warm summer breeze. Suddenly she heard someone call out from the front door. She opened the door to see two men resembling each other standing next to each other. One was older than the other was, and it looked like they were a father-son.

Both the men looked surprised to see Yurari. Hesitating the older man asked if they could see Tsubasa.

'Ah, actually Tsubasa is out working he'll be back soon.'
The men asked to wait inside. As they walked into the house, they introduced themselves.
'I am Hideyoshi Hasegawa.'
When the younger man did not reply Hideyoshi looked at him as if to tell him to do it. 'Kouki Hasegawa.'
It took a moment for Yurari to notice, but when she did, she gasped aloud.

'Hasegawa?! Which means that you're related to Tsubasa?!'

After sometime Yurari got to know that Hideyoshi was Tsubasa's father and that Kouki was Tsubasa's elder brother. Where Hideyoshi had a fun loving personality, Kouki was quiet and hardly seemed interested.
Hideyoshi and Yurari had a very long conversation, and he asked about her and Tsubasa. Without realizing time had passed and Tsubasa had returned home.
'Tadaima!' Tsubasa's voice could be heard till the living room. Yurari ran to the entrance to welcome him.
'Okaeri!' Yurari was grinning happily, as she told him that someone, had come to visit him. He gaped at her surprised.

'Yurari..... you know, you can't just let people you don't know sit in the house.' He sighed.
'You can't expect everyone to have a positive motive, okay? Next time ask them who they are!' He kept talking without even waiting for Yurari to mention that guests were his father and brother.
He went into the living room to find his father smiling, his brother smirking at him. He stopped dead in his tracks, finally after a few moments he appeared defeated. 'What is the magistrate of east doing here sitting so casually...?'

Yurari's eyes widened in surprise.

'Ma-Magistrate?!'

Later that night after Hideyoshi and Hasegawa left, Tsubasa explained everything to Yurari.
Tsubasa's father was the magistrate of the east. Tsubasa, not wanting to use his influence to get a job had kept this fact hidden. Tsubasa's mother had died when he was a baby and he didn't have any clear memories of her. Yurari was dazed as she thought about how casually she had chatted with "The Magistrate".
Tsubasa tried talking to her but she didn't seem to register anything he said. Finally he sighed and went out of the room saying he would make them tea, sighing once again when she didn't respond.

Magistrate.....?
Wow so if I marry Tsubasa then the Magistrate will be my father-in-law...
Wait then my name would be Yurari Hasegawa. It has a nice ring to it...

WAIT.

What am I thinking about!?

She clapped her hands over her red cheeks to hide them from no one in particular.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A nice cute chapter xD and you get to met Tsu-chan's parents!

Well how was it?

You like them?

Thoughts on Kouki?

Ciao, My prisms~