PART VI

1940

'It has already been three years since our marriage... ka?'

Time moves so fast...

Hideyoshi and Kouki had moved in with them 2 years after their marriage and were now an irreplaceable part of their family. The children loved their grandfather and surprisingly adored their uncle, who always gave them a cold shoulder.

Yurari sat on the Engawa as she saw her baby girl, Fuyu play with her grandfather Hideyoshi. Tsubasa sat inside holding the baby Akira in his hand as he slept. Tsubasa was reading a book although his eyes strayed to Yurari quite a few times.
Yurari had grown up to be a really beautiful woman, her beauty shadowed even those of the geishas. He still remembered how she had looked in her white kimono, which had defined the red of her cheeks.

Tsubasa snapped out of his reverie as the postman called to them from outside saying they had mail. Yurari got up and went out to collect it. Suddenly Tsubasa heard Yurari scream, he ran out to the front to check what had happened. He saw Yurari kneeling on the road with a telegram in her hand and the postman standing next to her, holding a sad expression.
'Tsu..basa..' She had tears in her eyes as he ran next to her, she silently handed him the telegram which carried the red Imperial stamp on it. He looked at it for a long time to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He closed his eyes and swallowed. He hugged her.
'I'm sorry... Yurari...'
The whole house was burdened with an air of depression, the only sound was of Akira as he played with Kouki. Hideyoshi sat reading the 3 year old girl a story, lulling her to sleep with a sad smile.
Tsubasa and Yurari sat together trying to act as though nothing had changed, like Tsubasa hadn't been commanded to join the army.
They hadn't expected it... the war had been going on for a long time, to be called now was not at all expected.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

In those days it wasn't unexpected..
In fact even more so because Tsubasa was a policeman.

I still feel bad when I read this part.

Definitely very short and I'm going to be editing and writing more to this chapter when I get time!

Ciao my prisms~