ஐ Chapter 16

*****UPDATED! EDITED****

The Twilight Saga: Firelight

Chapter 16: The Meadow

Bella's POV

Even though I wasn’t thinking, I still would have lunged for his throat. After all, he was the one who started it, right? He deserved what was coming to him for growling, and almost going to attack Edward. I mean, what was he thinking? Edward did nothing!

But I didn’t know he’d take things that far, I didn’t know he’d kiss me. Like come on! I’m an engaged woman for crying out loud! I bet he saw my ring for across the field, I bet he did it anyways.

***

I was so close to ripping his head off! We were wrestling around for a bit, he kicked me into a tree, and changed back into his human form. I was close to him, I ran back, ready to rip his head off, but before I could do anything he grabbed me by the waist, and pulled me closer to him.

He moved his face closer and closer, until he crushed his lips on mine. I didn’t have time to register anything, before I pushed him off of me, to the ground and ran into the forest.

***

I couldn’t think straight, my mind was in a blur. I just kept running and running, until I ran into a small little meadow. Wild flowers grew, sprouting out of the ground in exotic colors, blue and purple and pink. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I took a deep breath, and fell to the ground. The sun was out, and my skin was sparkling like there was no tomorrow, I didn’t take notice of it though.

I put my hands over my face, and shut my eyes. Why did he have to do that? Why did he have to complicate things? “Bella?” A musical voice called from the distance. I froze where I was for about half a second, before I felt Edward’s arms wrap around me tightly. I opened my eyes, peaking up at him.

He was smiling down at me, his eyes filled with so much passion I swear it could of set the forest on fire. That’s when he bent down to kiss me. Our lips were inches from each other, when he stopped. Before I could even realize what was happened, we were on our feet.

Edward practically threw me behind his back, and stood crouched in front of me, defensively. I recognized it at once, danger. I peeked over his shoulder to see what was coming, and once I did I was a little confused.

Four figures were walking towards us in black cloaks; it was obvious they were vampires. When walking across the light, they’re skin sparkled. The pale skin and bright crimson eyes gave it away as well. As soon as I saw them, I couldn’t help the gasp that escaped my lips. They were beautiful!

“Edward, it’s so nice to see you again,” The little girl with blonde hair said, smiling. It’s like she did it to piss me off, she was smirking. I hissed at her, if this was how she was going to play it, game on!

The war was on, and I wasn’t planning on losing.