Chapter 27: Rescue By Sneaking

After what had happened in the last chapter Vlad King called emergency services, and fifteen minutes after the villains left, ambulance and firefighters arrived. Of the 43 students, 15 were unconscious and in serious condition due to the Villain poisonous gas and 11 others with a bystander person had major or minor injuries. 13 were unharmed physically But 1 of 43 of them was missing. 3 villains were captured and arrested while the rest escaped.

Out of the six pro heroes who were watching over the students, Pixie-Bob was in a critical condition of head trauma and Ragdoll was nowhere to be found, only leaving behind a huge pool of blood at the scene. On the villains side 3 of them were caught and arrested while the rest escaped from the scene without leaving a trace.

The day after the attack, huge crowds gather around UA's gate which is locked by the barrier which prevents them from barging in. The news reporters keep raging and banging on UA's doorstep demanding their answers.

New reporter 1: When are you gonna open the gate?!

New reporter 2: We hear your silences! Why can't we expect an official statement from the UA administration!

New reporter 1: How do you plan on dealing with the families of the victims?

Inside the school there's nothing but emptiness and silence in the lockers, halls and classrooms. Except for the Meeting room where four teachers Present Mic, Midnight, Snipe,  All Might and the principal are discussing what happened yesterday.

Nezu: To be attacked during a training camp meant to prepare students to handle villain attacks... We should be embarrassed by the irony. We feared the revitalization of villains, but our understanding of it was naïve. They had already started their war-- Their war to destroy hero society. 

Midnight: Even if we had understood it, would we have been able to defend against it? With all these persistent developments unfolding one after another... Ever since All Might, most organized crime had been weeded out.

Present Mic: So we all got too complacent during peaceful times without realizing it, thinking we have time to prepare.

All Might: (depress) I'm angry from the bottom of my heart at my own cowardice. While they were desperately fighting for their lives, I was.... having a relaxing soak in the bath.

Snipe: Having the sport festival right after the attack... We can't keep taking unyielding positions like that, like we have up until now. To have a student kidnapped is UA's greatest failure. They have stolen the trust people had in us heroes, along with Bakugo.

Nezu: All the news outlets are filled with criticism of UA right now. If they were trying to get Bakugo, then it was probably because his violent side was made common knowledge at the sports festival. If he is won over by the villains, then it's over for UA as an education institution.

Present Mic: Since we're on the topic of trust, there's something I'd like to say. We can say conclusively now-- There's a traitor among us, isn't there? 

That caused shock to the rest of the teachers because they never expected for him to bring up something like this.

Present Mic: Only the teachers and the Pussycats knew where the training camp would be held! (stand up) That's not all that's suspicious! Using their cellphone location information, maybe even those three unusual students are the ones that--!

Midnight: Mic, stop it!

Present Mic: How can I? Let's clean this place up thoroughly!

Snipe: What about you? Can you prove that you're 100% innocent? Can you assert that everyone here is innocent? (Mic sits back down) If we suspect each other, then we'll destroy ourselves from the inside. Looking for a traitor isn't something we should do in a hurry.