15. I'll Change My Mind... Forever?

• Dedicated to God, for giving me hope when I most need it :)

YAYY :@

New chappie! :):) It's the first day of 2013, and I'm already on a filthy roll. That was not supposed to be wrong. :P ANYWAYS. Hope you enjoy this. Actually, you'd betta enjoy this, cuz I been a-workin on it allllll day. :P Juss kiddin.

:):)

 *UPDATED- as of 1-2-13 - Added some detail and changed some important stuffs :)*

Chapter 15- I’ll Change My Mind… Forever?

            Niall-

            It took me a while to muster up the courage to call her. It didn’t make any sense to me, but Leah made my hands shake and my face flush like no audience ever could. And she didn’t even have to be around me to accomplish that feat. When I thought about her, I thought about all the things she’d done… for Bethany, for her little brother, for her mother and father, for herself. More importantly, for me.

            She’d already made a huge impact on me. She was so… good. It was an innocence hard to master, and for some men she would be undesirable for that reason. For some men she would be easier to conquer for that reason. For Niall Horan, she was perfect in every way imaginable, if for no other reason than that… she was good.

            I’d been thinking about her a lot. Liam could attest to that, of course, and I knew he’d probably told Lizzy all about my infatuation with her. But in all that time I’d finally realized why Leah was so innocent, why she was good. I’d realized what made her tick. She had a good family. She had good friends like Lizzy and Brittany. But the real reason? She had God on her side.

            I hadn’t really even considered Him until she came along. Sure, my parents had taken me to church a few times when I was younger, and I’d been into the Catholic faith for a while, but I’d never really understood it. I’d never really wanted to understand it. But now, with Leah and Lizzy and their impact on our lives, I wanted to understand God.

            The phone rang three times before she answered, and her voice, needless to say, was soothing to me. “Hello?”

            “Hi, Leah, it’s me… Niall.”

            “Hi, Niall!” Leah sounded genuinely excited. “I… I’ve been meaning to call you for a few days now. Thank you… thank you so much for the flowers.”

            “You’re welcome. I’ve been really busy, you know with rehearsal and all, and I had to let you know I hadn’t forgotten.”

            “It means a lot. But how did you know they were my favorite flowers?”

            I debated telling her for a moment where exactly I had gotten the information. I opted out on that one this time, thinking she would think me strange if I told her. “Every girl likes roses,” I said slowly.

            “Let me guess. Liam told you?”

            I laughed. “Something like that.”

            “So,” Leah said after a moment. “What are you up to?”

            “Well, it’s Friday, so last day of rehearsal this week. I’m actually waiting on Harry and Zayn to finish getting ready.”

            “Getting ready? Ya’ll have to get all fancied up for a rehearsal?”

            “Well, no. But Zayn does. Harry just has to fix his wig and makeup to keep us from being recognized.” I smiled to myself, remembering all the times Harry’d decided to forgo the wig and had ended up hiding in an alley or something of the like to avoid being mauled by fans. “The last time he forgot his wig,” I explained, “He hid in an empty dumpster until Paul and Jim came to find him.”