Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Katy flicks through the channels, dressed in one of Mason's t-shirts and a pair of leggings. Her hair's drying and furling back into its natural curls from the shower she had earlier on. The one that helped clear her head and sort through some of the 'events' last night, and the one that gave her no clear conclusion, except that she is most definitely not worthy of Mason Carter; the same man who sits on the other side of the couch with papers in his hands, speaking to someone on the other end of the phone.

"Okay, bye," he sighs pressing the end button.
"Is everything okay?" asks Katy as Mason arranges the papers back again.
"Yeah, don't worry about it. Adrian's...just meticulous....Anyway, I wanted to ask you...Your 'marriage' contract-you don't happen to have an electronic copy stored somewhere do you?"

Katy bites her lip in concentration, trying to think of any possible place she could have kept it. When she'd signed it on paper, Richard had taken it with him along with her freedom.
"I..I don't think so. I signed it on paper."
"But are you sure he didn't send you a document of it before? Maybe you have it stored in a computer somewhere?" pursues Mason.
Surely a man, especially a business man, like Richard Dixon would know better than to have just a paper copy of such an important agreement. He would most definitely have a back-up electronic copy. One that's probably stored online so that if anything were to happen to his computer or the paper copy, then back-ups would be there. And no doubt, when trying to win Katy over, he would have sent her a copy of this agreement.
"Wait! Ah, I remember. He sent me an e-mail of the agreement for me to read before I signed the paper copy. I was naive and young when I agreed to it, so I thought that 'being his' just meant that I would be like his maid."

"I'm not judging you, Katy. You don't need to have to justify it with me. I understand...But I need to get a hold of that document. I need you to sign in to your e-mail."
"Oh...I don't remember the password. I haven't used it in 3 years, Mason."
"That's okay. Just tell me the username and I'll try sort it out."
Katy nods and recites the username to him.

He thanks her and dials his brother's number but before he can ring him, he receives a text from Liz.
"Liz is here," he announces to the patient whose eyes widen a fraction before she nodding.
"Don't worry, she's really nice. You can use the living room, I'll be in my office, okay?"
"Uh-huh."
"Great."

**************************

"Liz,"
"Mason!" she cries returning the hug before being led upstairs to his floor.
"You remember what I said right? She's human, she's my mate and she's been through a lot," he sums up briefly in a hushed whisper.
"Relax, I am trained remember? I know how to do my job, so chill out," retorts Liz in a lighter tone to his.

He's not entirely convinced but what can he do? She needs this.

"Katy, this is Liz," he introduces.
Katy stands to greet the doctor, and nearly does a double take, as she wants to groan in annoyance. Are all the women Mason knows good looking? With platinum blonde hair, scraped into a messy bun and a light blue body con dress hugging her slim frame, complete with baby blue heels, 'Liz' is undoubtedly gorgeous.
"Hi," smiles Katy forcing it on with some effort.
Liz returns it much more easily right before turning to Mason.
"Some privacy would be nice, Mase," she teases, causing Mason to simply roll his eyes and step toward Katy.
He kisses lightly her lips before announcing his departing.
"I'm going, but I'll be downstairs if you need me," he says with one last finality.

*********************************

"Eli? It's Mason-"
"Look, dude, I'm not gay, okay?-"
"Eli, what the fuck are you on about? It's your brother Mason."
"What? OH...oh. Sorry, wrong Mason. And, er, just forget that last bit."
Mason sighs, not even wanting to think about the antics of his twin. It will only bring on a headache. Besides, he wouldn't know where to start. To Eli life is one big adventure.

"So, what's up baby brother?"
"I'm only younger by a few minutes," sighs Mason.
"But still younger...Hey, Mase, are you okay?"
"I'm fine-"
"Good, you just sound different."
"How so?"
"I don't know...happier, I guess."

A warm feeling bursts through Mason's chest before he remembers what he needs from Eli.
"Yeah, I, um..."
Does he really want to tell his family of his mate?...Not yet. Not until the whole Richard mess is cleaned up.

"Yes?" asks Eli.
"I need your help."
"Duh? I figured. So basically, all you do is you walk up to her. Turn on some Carter charm actually smile and-"
"Eli! I know how to talk to women. I don't...." he lets out a sigh, "I need your computer expertise."
"Ah...Right. What do you need hacking into? Bank account? FBI database?-"
"Why would I need you to access FBI- nevermind, I won't even finish that...It's an e-mail account."
"Easy."