Chapter 19

Chapter 19

“Have you talked to his accomplices?” questions Mason.
“Yeah, they’re tied up in the front. They’ve promised not to say a word or get involved with creeps like him again but...should we let them go?” answers Cole. Mason mules it over. Although none of them are innocent, they haven’t actively done anything to Katy or even to him. He suspects they’re nothing more than greedy scumbags rather than a psychopaths like Richard had been. But...they would need a sincere warning, and what better warning than to show them what the future may hold for them if they continue on their disgusting ways.
“Yes but first...they need to see what could happen to them as well,” grimly reports Mason, “Cole, you and Mike put that into perspective for them. Brad, Sean go search upstairs for anything that may hint that he’s torturing more people out there. Will and I will start pouring the gasoline.”
As they get started with their tasks, Mason and Will grab the gasoline tanks from outside. Good thing, Mark had remembered to take them out before driving off.

With the friends sent well away and Richard’s laptop and a few other items that maybe of importance in a bag, Mason trails the liquid to the grass before taken out a lighter and letting the blazing trail run to the wooden house. The whole place starts smoking and burning. Mason transforms into his wolf form, letting out a howl at the freedom. It’d been so long since he could just release it all and let his primal side out.

Hours pass before he returns back home and back to his responsibilities.
The phone goes off as soon as he shifts into human form in his office. Sighing he picks it up to answer to the Sheriff.
“Son should I even bother asking what the hell happened?” sighs the Sheriff.
“It’s over Sheriff. Don’t worry, I won’t cause you any more trouble,” promises Mason.
“Trouble’s not what I worry about, boy. It’s your safety, I worry about.”
“I’m fine, Sheriff, everything’s fine.”
“Well...okay then son. Rest up, sounds like you’ve had quite an eventful day.”
“Thanks Sheriff,” mutters Mason ending the call and crawling upstairs on his weary feet. He slumps onto the couch, fatigue finally catching up with him.

“Mason?” softly calls her voice.
“Hey baby, go back to bed. We’ll talk tomorrow, okay?” he gently tells her, too tired to move from the couch.
“But you haven’t eaten anything or washed...come on.”
Mason groans as Katy pulls him by the arm up. She pulls his arm around her shoulder and hoists him up, staggering slightly from the weight before up-righting herself. As her arm winds around Mason’s bare back and to his muscular sides, Katy’s body is made well aware of the fact a handsome and well endowed man is leaning against her.
“Baby, honestly...” mumbles Mason as they shuffle into the bathroom. She sits him on the closed toilet lid and forces herself not to look down into his lap, or even down his chiselled torso.
“Stay here, I’ll go heat up some dinner, tell me when the tub’s full,” instructs Katy placing a kiss at his forehead and turning on the hot and cold water, whilst pouring in some scented, soothing salts. Everything that’s happened today, all of it, she just doesn’t want to think about it. Not now. Tomorrow, maybe she’ll brave it but right now...she needs to take care of Mason. Her saviour.

“Mmm...right there, baby,” moans Mason as Katy’s hands massages his tense back.
“Mason...I have to know...did you...did you...” she mumbles struggling to get the words out. Mason grasps Katy’s wrists and softly cups her face in his wet hands.
“Cale killed him, Little Doe, not me,” he gently informs her pressing his lips to hers as she let out a small sigh. Their tongues entwine tenderly, the kiss relinquishing all that’s happened and all that the brighter future would hold.
“Thank you...I...Mason, I love you,” whispers Katy as their foreheads rest against each other. Mason’s deep blue eyes spark in shock, before he tugs her into a fiercer kiss. The mere statement fuelling his body into life.
He pulls back just as they’re both about to run out of breath.
“Katy, I love you too...You have no idea how much I love you, Little Doe. I love you so, so much,” he murmurs, pecking her lips again.