Chapter 18 (part 1)

Chapter 18 (part 1)

It was 10 in the morning and everyone was sleeping at the club. Last night had been the usual ecstatic heated frenzy and they had all been more than happy to slip into bed. Cas in particular. One of her masters had returned from his business trip and needed an especially sensual session, and she’d felt it in her limbs from the special loving. However even with her exhaustion the faint smell of burning wafts through her nose. Confused she slips out of bed and towards the open door. Huh, must have forgot to close it, she mumbles internally before slipping on a robe and following the deepening scent of burning. The scent leads her downstairs and towards the large front door. Forest fires weren’t particularly prone to the area and especially not in the recently cool conditions. Although summer it wasn’t scorching which only led Cas to conclude it must be someone setting something on fire. Groaning she prepares herself to scold whatever young teens are trying to create forest fires especially at 10 in the morning. God, help those kids for getting her out of bed, she mutters to herself before swinging the door open.

Birds are chirping and the soft nip of the morning air clinches her exposed skin causing her to fasten the silk robe tighter around her frame. Scanning the surroundings all she sees is gravel with the bordering woods up ahead. The air swirls with grey fume clouds, enticing her to follow. She trails around the side of the mansion to see a large wooden...dummy by the looks of it burning a few metres under her partially open window. No wonder she could smell it, she sighs glancing around for the culprits. Seriously, what a stupid prank, even she can do better, she grunts.

Suddenly a sharp whistle is heard and in a flash the speeding particle has lodged itself in her leg. She feels a moment of confused numbness until a searing heat breaks the trance. Screaming in agony her leg crumples under her and she is forced onto the gravel. The blazing pain throbs on as she feels warmth spread over her skin and her slip and robe stick closer to her body. Fearfully she gazes down to her leg and in shock sees a crimson liquid spread inch by inch over her clothes and seep into the gravel. The sight makes her head spin with sickness. Blood was never something she could handle well; the sight always made her sick and sometimes even physically vomits. However suppressing that action she takes in ragged breathes and feels the pain ebb down slightly as adrenaline surges through her. Her panicked, diluted eyes twitch around her surroundings but apart from a rustle there’s nothing. As Cas tries to breathe and get back in control, she urges herself to shift into her wolf. In her wolf form she’ll be able to heal quicker and contact the others but something prevents her. It’s like the command to shift isn’t being received, something’s blocking the signal. Her frazzled mind finals realises the bullet or whatever it is, lodged in her must be made of silver. Silver ions react different to werewolf blood and disconnect the particular neurons in their minds sending signals to shift and connect with their wolves. And in that sense Cas knows she’s as weak and defenceless as a human; a bleeding, injured, scared human.

Her ears perk up hearing footsteps and by the sounds of it there is more than just one of them. A soft gurgled sound escapes her lips and her eyes spin to the source. Men approach her. There are 5 of them. Only one of them is dark-skinned-the one on the edge. The one on the extreme opposite of him seems the more emotional one; trailing slightly behind him. The 3rd man is clearly the leader of them all. As much as Cas hates to admit it, he’s hot. He’s a pale man with a clearly well built body and indented bright, ice, blue eyes. His jaw is strong with light brown hair covering his head. The man’s confident strand comes to stop just at Cas’s crumpled body and she gazes up at the man. A cold, sleek, black gun in waved in her direction and on basic instinct she tries to shuffle away but the sharp sting at her leg shoots pain all the way to her mind and ceases her movement.

“Get up,” coldly commands the man.
“...I-I can’t,” whispers back Cas shuffling backwards despite the pain. Her back comes into contact with bone and she twists to see another man stood behind her blocking her path.
“Caine,” states the man. A blonde haired male, reaches down and pulls her up from her underarms. Despite her body’s best efforts, she slumps most of her body weight onto him, relieving some of the pressure from her leg.
“Who are you people? Why did you shoot me? What do you want? I need to go to a hospital!” she screams at them, panic setting in.
“Shut her up, Caine,” growls the leader. ‘Caine’ pulls out another black gun and pushes it to the bottom of her spine.
“One shot here and you’ll be paralysed, so I suggest you shut the fuck up, sweetheart,” hisses the man in her ear. Cas had never felt such a surge of fear go through her in all her life than at that moment. Her mouth seals shut tightly and shoulders start to lightly shake.
“Caine, get her,” orders the man causing Cas’s captor to shift away from her. Confusion spreads through her but in the moment after the blunt end of the gun smashes at her temple and blackness immediately sweeps over her.
Richard orders Cale to clean up and put out the fire while the others all climb into the hidden car to return back to the cabin. Leaving Cale to deal with the fire.