Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Katy bites her lip. She shouldn't. But God, look at him! She can't believe that all that....hotness is hers! Should she be staring at him like this? Oh well, it's not like he'll know. Does that make it worse? Oh God, is she some kind of pervert?
Despite this, her fingers trace gently down his cheeks, brushing along the soft stubble there before trailing to his chin. There they continue on their path downwards to his neck and collar bone, before reaching the sloping curves of his chest and ridges of abdominals. The very same rolls of muscle that make lust cloud over her better judgment. And with the sinful desire swirling in her she lowers her lips to his slightly parted ones. His facial hair brushes against her skin tickling her while she applies more pressure onto her mouth.
And when that pressure is suddenly returned, a short yelp escapes her.
Twinkling blue eyes blink wide open as Mason chuckles in amusement.

Katy smiles back at him sheepishly with cheeks glowing pink. Mason simply raises his eyebrows in response before trailing his eyes down to his stomach, where her hand rests. She quickly snatches it away and darting her gaze to the opposite direction as her blush deepens. 

"Well, good morning to you too," laughs Mason.
"I-um, I..." stutters Katy not quite sure how to explain her perverted exploring.
"Don't worry Little Doe, I'm not complaining," he winks, rolling out of bed and heading for the bathroom.
Katy bites her lip again, trying to suppress her smile before heading to the kitchen herself. Thank God, he didn't say anymore on the topic. Yet another reason she likes him; he doesn't relish in her discomfort.

*************************

"Hey, do you think you'll be okay today? I've got a lot of work to do. If you want, Cas will take you around town, or you can chill with the guys downstairs. There's even the gym if you want to go there?"
"Thanks, Mason. I...I'll find something to do," smiles Katy, grateful that he's actually considering her happiness and if she's going to be okay.
"Are you sure, babe?" asks Mason, feeling bad for leaving her all alone.
"Mason...honestly, I'll be fine," moans Katy the grin still present on her features before giving him a reassuring peck on the lips.
"Okay, okay...But tomorrow, I promise we'll do something fun," he swears, giving her one more final kiss and heading out through the office door.

********************************

Sighing, he turned plucked his phone from his pocket before ringing Dr Xin Lu. The test results from her blood-work surely must have come in by now.
"Mason! I was just about to call you!" cried Xin from the other end.
"So..what's the verdict?"
"Nothing seems out of the ordinary though I really wish she would have allowed me to perform a more intimate examination. However, she does seem perfectly healthy. I mean, there's a little variation in vitamin levels but nothing to worry about. Physically, she's good..."
"Okay, so why do I sense a 'however' in there?"
"However mentally...Mason I'm not going to sugar-coat so...I recommend she talks to a professional. I mean, it's good that she trusts you-"
"What makes you think she trusts me?"
Sure they've delved deeper but is that because she trusts him or because she feels obligated to provide him with whatever he wants?

"Come on, Mason. I'm not blind. You're her mate and I have no doubt you've worked that Carter charm on her. But seriously, think about therapy. Because, it could help her and you'd certainly benefit from it too."
"Hey! I don't need a shrink!" He cries incredulously.
"I mean you'd benefit from her receiving therapy," teases Xin.
"How?" asks Mason.
"Think about it, Einstein. She gets over her sexual fears and you..."
"Seriously, Xin?"he groans before turning serious, "...So who do you recommend? Shall I ask Liz?"
"Yeah, Liz would be fine."
"Okay, thanks Xin."
"No problem, Mas."

Mason runs a hand through his hair before trying to search for the phone number to Doctor Elizabeth Bennett. An unfortunate name but what more can you expect with a mother who is an English Literature professor graced with the perfect opportunity of a last name like Bennett?
Liz would usually visit once a year to do a psychological review on all the staff, and being wolf herself they can fully open to her if they needed anything in the supernatural aspect...although, with such little understood about that part of their identity, there's really not much Liz could do if the occasion arises. Regardless, Liz is a great psychiatrist and one Mason would trust with his life.

He sends a quick text to her arranging a meeting for tomorrow morning.

With that out of the way, his next task is calling the Sheriff. He hasn't heard back from the man and as the matter regards Katy, he needs to make sure he keeps close tabs on any developments. Her safety is number one on his list.

"Sheriff Callaghan speaking."
"Sheriff? It's Mason. What's the update?"
"Son, I don't think I can help much more. I told them I've asked around and haven't heard anything. But they seem real insistent. I have a feeling they're going to take matters into their own hands pretty soon. So I don't know what you're doing but I damn well hope you do. They really want her, Mason."
Mason murmurs a short curse through the receiver, which has the old man even more concerned.
"Who is she? And why do you have her, son?" he asks.
"It's complicated Sheriff, but don't worry I know what I'm doing. She's not being held here against her will either."
"Good, I'm glad to hear it. You're playing a risky game Mason. This Richard character, I hear he's quite powerful.-"
"He's nothing, Sheriff-an egotistical maniac at the most. I can take him and whatever he has to throw at me."
"Well....Just be careful and don't get hurt. I don't want to have to drag your bloody corpse from the middle of the woods."
"Trust me...it won't be mine you'll be dragging out of the woods," darkly retorts Mason.
"Son...promise me you'll be careful. And don't get too cocky."
"I won't. Thanks Sheriff," grins Mason before cutting the phone.