❥ 10| the breakup

"I'M SO SORRY, LOGAN

"I'M SO SORRY, LOGAN."

"What is happening, Faithe? The last time I talked to you, I fucking told you how I felt about you, but now you're engaged? Engaged, Faithe," Logan spat, looking so lost and vexed, frustratedly running a hand through his hair.

I'd dragged the two of us to the backyard where I knew no one would know to find us, but I planned to go back soon, anyway. I didn't want to spend more time with Logan than necessary.

I sighed, wringing my hands together, wondering how I would manage to tell him everything without him letting out an outburst. "I'm getting married, Logan."

"Yeah, I gathered that," he retorted, shooting my left hand a dirty look, making me hide it behind my back.

"Logan, please. Can you just let me talk?" I pleaded and continued to explain despite his apathetic shrug. "Look, I don't know what Aden told you, but our parents fixed this marriage. Our business was in a tight situation a few months ago, and the Haidars — they're our family friends — helped us get out of it. They got us out of court and helped my parents' company so much. So they wanted to join our families through marriage and the most obvious way to do that was get to Zayaan and I married."

He stared at me, eyes wide and eyebrows furrowed. "So, they're essentially just selling you off to their son as payment?" 

"No, they're not. I wanted to do this for my family. It was my choice — I chose to marry Zayaan."

He started to shake his head vehemently. "No, Faithe. You don't want to do this; I can see it in your eyes, sunshine. They're dead. You're not happy about this at all."

I released an aggravated breath. "What does it even matter if I want to do this or not? It's none of your business, Logan. Don't put your nose where it doesn't belong."

He let out a mocking laugh. "How is this my business? Oh, how about the fact that you're in love with me, sunshine? Isn't that reason enough? You're in love with me, but you're marrying what's-his-name? Zayaan."

I shut my eyes tight, feeling as if I were about to cry. "It doesn't matter, Logan."

"But it does, Faithe. Look into my eyes and tell me you feel nothing for me. I'll leave." He grabbed my hands and watched me pleadingly, making me cry out.

"I can't, Logan! I can't tell you that. I'm so fucking in love with you that I don't know where my feelings start and end sometimes! You're all I see; all I think about. But I can't do this, Logan. I can't," I started to sob, hearing my voice crack through my confession.