❥ 16| family

I WOKE UP COCOONED in satin sheets, struggling to blink open my eyes to the bright sunlight

I thought I could faintly hear birds chirping too, welcoming a bright, happy day when I checked my phone to see that the time was ten in the morning, and I quickly also came to realise that I was all alone in the hotel suite. All alone, meaning my husband had abandoned me.

Getting up with a sigh, I quickly braided my bird's nest of a hair and went to the toilet, doing my business, and brushed my teeth. I also made sure to replace the sheets with the bloody, messy one and hid the one we'd slept on deep inside the wardrobe. 

Since the Haidars and the Khans had rented the Raven Park Hotel for three whole days, the breakfast downstairs would be solely just for us and our guests. So, I just went straight down in the t-shirt and leggings that Zayaan had given me last night. Not as if I had anything else to wear anyway — my reception dress wouldn't exactly suitable for a simple breakfast.

Absolutely everyone turned to look at me with slight, audible gasps as I entered the room and I could basically feel every single pair of eyes examine me head-to-toe. Was supposedly losing your virginity going to mean that your whole appearance changed?

"Faithe! Come on, sit next to me," Nezrin called out before any of the older women could extend the same offer, putting me in an awkward, conflicted situation. I shot her a quick smile as I sat next to her in the chair she'd patted, and self-consciously served myself as I still felt everyone glaring a laser into my head. Was there something on my face?

But nope, even after I began to eat and after my mother-in-law started to make conversation with me, no one else's attention moved off of me. I felt the urge to storm up and twist their faces away, but shook my head internally. Too dramatic.

My mother-in-law was in the middle of telling me something when I interrupted her, "I'm so sorry, but I thought to ask, where's Zayaan?"

"He got a phone call in the morning about something work-related and had to leave to go back to Iran. I told him to tell you, but he said he didn't want to wake you up."

"Oh." I frowned, a little upset that my husband hadn't bothered to tell me that he was leaving. "He told you in the morning?"

She nodded. "He called me on the phone as he was leaving."

And he didn't even think to leave me a note. It wasn't as if we were an actual couple, but it would have still been polite to extend me the same courtesy he had to his mother of informing me where he was going.

I gave her a small smile as my mind wandered off. And as always, it went off to Logan Anderson territory. If Logan had been my groom instead, I was completely certain that he would have never left me like Zayaan did. But here I was; a new bride, with her husband in another freaking country.