Chapter 7 - training

I wake with a start. Nimit barging herself into everyone's rooms, screeching about today is a big day. It's barely light outside. At home I normally wake up with the sun , but the schedule here is always packed full

"What are you doing on the sofa! Tributes need to be well rested" Nimit is shouting at Cato.

He must've never moved back to his own room. I walk out my room to see Cato looking utterly bewildered at his surroundings before he realised where he was ,then plummeting his head back down on to a sofa pillow. I lean on the door frame laughing. Nimit is viciously shaking him trying to make him get ready for the day.

"Stop laughing." She squeals at me. But everything just seems funnier and now Catos joined in too. Enobria and Brutus emerge from their rooms at almost the same time to see what the commotion is. Looking at a flustered Nimit prancing around. Brutus joins in laughing. But Enobaria looks at everyone sternly. Causing us to bite our tounge before she is walking over to Nimit, who is now flapping her arms around like a lost bird. I retreat into my room turning on the shower. I notice my amour from yesterday is gone but I never saw anybody take it. I throw my bed clothes in the wash basket. I'll shower tonight, I'll only get hot and sweaty and I'm still clean from last night anyways. I turn the shower back off.

I walk out the room completely naked. Definitely Not expecting Enobaria to be sitting on my bed. I gasp and grab the golden throw blanket. from the end of my bed wrapping it around me. My face flushes red.

"What are you doing?" I inquire

"We have to pick your training outfit carefully, Brutus is helping Cato. The training won't be televised. But this is your first proper impression on the other tributes. You need to do exactly what we say" says Enobaria

I nod as she continues

"We need to hide your figure"

My heart sinks "has it really got that bad in two days? All from the captiol food"

"No" Enobaria says simply "it's from the lack of captiol food. We know you'll be hard to beat. But from looking at you they'll all think your an easy target, ecpesilly next to the other careers. Your about the same size as the 11 girl." Enobaria laughs the last part.

"No im not" I begin to protest. Even though I know it's almost true. We have the same build but I'm a little taller than a 12 year old. But somehow I also feel proud of myself for being comparable to her. It's weird and I push it out of my head. I need to be strong.

We both walk over to the closet, Enobaria picks out a green long sleeve crew neck that'll move easily. And tight black stretchy trousers. I choose boots like the ones from home. Enobaria tells me to sit. I do. She comes up behind me and starts brushing my hair. She's so gentle. I feel like i get to know the real Enobaria more with each passing day. She ties little pony tails reaching back from the top of my scalp making sure all the hairs inside , then tying it all back into a pony tail in the middle of my head. She looks satisfied with her work and smiles .

"Come on" I follow her to the main room. Cato and Brutus are already there and Nimit is standing in the coner still sulking from this mornings events. But when she sees us together she instantly cheers up and claps her hands
"Perfect"
Cato is wearing a brown sleeveless shirt with black trousers and boots. The clothes are form fitting and show off his muscle. The colours we wear compliment each other. We look like a team but not the same. It's a good choice.

A table is lined at the back full of breakfast foods and everyone heads over to get food. Brutus shows Cato what's best to eat to build muscle and appear stronger. Cato happyily abides all of the food he says to his plate. I hope Enobaria doesn't do the same to me I was planning on eating fruits like i normally do. She tells me to pick up a plate. She fills it full of foods like pancakes with chocolate syrup and jam croissants and to finish it a mug of hot chocolate. Looking at it is sickening. She's testing me.
She's trying to fatten you up so Cato can win. This is all for him.
"No it's not!" I didn't realise I said that outlouad untill everyone was staring at me.
I push the chocolate pancakes to the side, eating the two jam croissants and drinking all the hot chocolate. I push the plate in front of me. The avox (the waiters in the white tunic) comes and collects my plate. Brutus rolls his eyes at the untouched pancakes. He reminds me of my Father. I think of my father, His probably off at work in the quary. I wonder if anything's actually changed. Or if they were proud during the tributes parade.