Chapter 17

Aether woke up feeling a little bit lightheaded but he still couldn't get up because everything was freezing, "urgh...did I die?" Aether mumbled as he stared at the white ceiling that is until Teucer appeared, "no! silly!" Teucer exclaimed and smiled at Aether who laid down there with wide eyes, Aether gasp and immediately sat up from the bed. 

"T-T-Teucer!? what are you doing here?!?" Aether exclaimed causing Teucer to look at him in confusion, he sighs and placed down the tray of food that his older sister prepared, "I should be asking you the same thing! what is big brother Aether doing here in Snezhnaya? Oh! is big brother also here!!! did he bring new toys?!?" Teucer exclaimed with joy when all of a sudden, everything went silent as Aether pursed his lips together.

"...big brother Aether?...are you okay..."

Teucer said as he extended his arms to wipe away Aether's tears, "I miss your brother so much..." Aether said and hugged Teucer, even though he has no idea why Aether was crying but all he can do was to comfort him.

|| TIME SKIP ||

"Thank you so much for helping me!!!"

Aether exclaimed and bow his head, Tonia and Anthon hid behind their sister since they were a bit wary of Aether, "well it's the least we could do but I want to ask...what were you doing out there?..." She said in a worried tone, Aether froze for a brief moment, he was a bit hesitant whether, to tell the truth behind the doings of the Fatuis but Aether decided to come up with something since he wanted to protect Childe's hidden identity from his family.

"oh...umm...I'm actually looking for my sister...we got separated...and I've been looking for her ever since I arrived but I ended up going the wrong way..."

Aether said, they all looked at Aether with pity, she sighs and pat his head.

"In the meantime, you can stay here plus I still need to heal your wounds...they look serious..." She said and led Aether back to the bed along with Teucer who grabs the medicine kit.

"...I need to get out of here..."

Soon the night came, Aether sat on the corner as he watches the snow storm getting heavier by the minute through the window, he felt uneasy, Teucer then gave Aether a blanket, "you're still awake?" Aether said to him, Teucer nodded and sat in the middle of Aether's legs.

"...are you okay? you look kinda sad..." 

Teucer asked Aether who was taken back by what he said, he chuckled and leaned his head against the wall.

"it's nothing...you don't have to worry yourself about that..." Aether said and pat Teucer's head who only pouted because he couldn't get the answer out of him.

"oh! Why don't you tell me all about your sister..."

Teucer exclaimed as his eyes shined so brightly in curiosity, Aether wanted to laugh out loud because Teucer was acting cute all of a sudden but he held it back because the others were already asleep except for him and Teucer.

"Well she is my twin sister and her name is Lumine...."

As Aether told Teucer about how Lumine was the best sister he could ever have, he noticed that Teucer fell asleep without realizing it.

Aether chuckle and stood up as he carried Teucer back to his room, he gently put Teucer down on the bed before covering him with a blanket and Aether made sure Teucer was comfortable.

When he was done, he went back to the living room and lie down on the sofa, "...If Signora knows that I'm alive...this time...she will definitely kill me...I need to find a way to get out of Snezhnaya..." Aether thought as a frown appeared on his face.

He shifted his position and lie down on his side as he stared at the chimney, all he could think about was Paimon whether she was okay or not especially Childe.

Aether pursed his lips together before he closed his eyes and drift off to sleep.

"I miss you, Childe..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Dispose of those bodies, make sure they are not found"

Scaramouche said as he crossed his arms over his chest and watch all of them do their work, "someone wants to see you", Scaramouche turned around to see a tall man in front of him, it almost felt odd to him because he looked very similar to someone from Liyue but he shook off those thoughts and decided to follow him anyways.

"who?"

"I don't know, he never said his name he only told me that it was urgent for him to see you," He said as he led Scaramouche outside of the headquarters, Scaramouche sigh and roll his eyes in annoyance.

"annoying..."

He mumbled and walk ahead of him, once they reach the designated area somewhere near a secluded frozen lake, "where is he?" Scaramouche asked him as he looks around to find the man who wanted to see him.

"Oya oya, I can't believe a fatui fell for that."

Scaramouche gasp and immediately turned around to see a man with an eyepatch coming out of the shadow, "you're acting skills are amazing Zhongli" he said and smiled at him who removed his mask since he was the one who brought Scaramouche out, he nodded in response, Scaramouche suddenly felt shivers down his spine as he was looking at the Geo Archon.

"w-what is the Liyue Archon doing in here?" Scaramouche said as he pointed his fingers at Zhongli who looked at him as if he was nothing, "hmph, this place reeks of fatuis" Diluc said as he appeared behind Kaeya looking grumpy as ever.

"Know your place!!! this place is filled with Fatui and we are advanced enough in armories to take you all dow---"

As Scaramouche began to back away while trying to intimidate them since Zhongli, Diluc, and Kaeya slowly made their way towards him, it was the first time Scaramouche felt so little, not by height but by strength and intimidation.

When Scaramouche decided to run away and call for backup, he suddenly bumps into someone causing him to almost stumble on his own two feet.

"It's been a while squirt"

Scaramouche froze on his spot when he recognized that voice, he immediately raises his head and he felt the ominous killing intent Childe has around him.

"...y-you..."

Childe smile from ear to ear and tilted his head from the side, he grabs Scaramouche by his shoulder and squeezed it, Scaramouche yelp in pain as he was brought down on his knees.

"expect the unexpected" Childe said along with a few giggles and in a split second, everything went silent and Childe's smile turned upside down as he stared down at Scaramouch with a murderous look.

"if you want to live, tell me where Aether is."

I present to you the husbando power.

uwu today is my last exam HOORAYYY FOR ME!!!!

I like and don't like Scaramouche for some unknown reason? idk why? but maybe when his released in the next next next next nextttt update, I might like him.