Chapter 7

"Thank you for the treat Childe, I will surely pay you back...I must be going now..."

Zhongli said and left with discomfort in his expression since the reason he was wandering around like was to find Hu Tao, "I'll see you soon Zhongli sensei!" Aether exclaimed and wave his hand goodbye to him, Childe sigh and glance at his now half-empty wallet.

Aether then turned around to see Childe pouting, "...oh sorry...I guess Zhongli sensei got carried away again" Aether said as he scratches the back of his head, Childe continued to pout and immediately took that as a chance to hug him.

"Shonen~ I'm so sad~," Childe said while rubbing his head on top of Aether's, "h-h-his so clingy!!!" Aether thought as a blushed appeared on his cheeks, Childe noticed his red ears and decided to play with him a little.

Childe licked Aether's ears causing him to stand up and back away, "w-w-what are you doing!!!" Aether exclaimed as he covered the ear Childe licked, he giggled and shrug both of his shoulders.

"your so cute Shonen~~~"

Aether pouted and immediately walked away, Childe could only chuckle at his cute behaviour.

"aw~~~ don't be like that Shonen~"

"SHUT UP FATUI!!!"

Aether yelled before blasting Childe using his anemo.

|| TIME SKIP ||

Soon night came and everything seemed so beautiful to watch the sunset go down, Aether stood there silently enjoying his peaceful moments, "it would be fun if Lumine was here..." Aether mumbled as a frown appeared on his face. "hey Paimon where did Childe run off to?" Aether asked Paimon who stuffed her mouth with food, she gulped it all down and pointed near the stair case that connects to the port and to the town of Liyue.

"His there talking to someone!" Paimon exclaimed and lie down on top of Aether's head, "someone?" he mumbled and turn towards the direction Paimon pointed, he didn't know why but he suddenly felt the urge to just blow everything up.

Childe was laughing along with some unknown girl, touching her hair, and patting her head, Aether puff his cheeks and immediately walk away, "Woah! Traveler! what's the sudden rush?!?" Paimon exclaimed but Aether did not listen but continued to walk as he attempted to leave Childe to some girl.

"stupid Childe...so annoying Childe...I want to mush your face on the mud Childe" Aether pouted as he mumbled those words and without giving a care to whom he bumps into but the moment he actually did bump into someone, "Oya? what is the honorary knight doing in Liyue?", Aether looked up and gasp to see Kaeya smiling at him.

"Captain Kaeya!" Aether exclaimed, Kaeya giggled and pat his head, "why the long face?" Kaeya asked him when all of a sudden his face was shoved away by Diluc who began asking Aether if his okay or not.

"Did you drink poison?"

"what! no! I'm fine!... I just feel it---"

Aether was suddenly interrupted when Childe appeared behind him with possessive eyes, "People from Mondstadt...what are you trying to do with my Shonen?" Childe said smirking at them, Diluc clicks his tongue and immediately took Aether away from him.

"FATUI!!!"

Diluc exclaimed as his body began to boil in anger and flames started to appear in his hands, Kaeya stood from the sidelines waiting for the right moment to stop them,

"W-Wait!!! D-Diluc!!! please calm down!" Aether exclaimed as he tried to calm Diluc down and since Diluc was holding Aether from his waist he accidentally tightens his grip on him causing Aether to feel pain on his back.

"OW!!!"

When Diluc realizes what he did, he quickly let go of Aether and began checking on him but then Aether was suddenly snatched from his arms by Childe who was fuming in anger.

"How dare you hurt Aether...you'll pay for what you've done ---"

As Childe was about to initiate an attack, Aether was able to smack him on the head causing his mask to fall on the ground snapping him from reality.

"I'm fine...I'm fine..." Aether said and push Childe away, Diluc who stood there with guilt, he apologised to Aether right away and of course, Kaeya was worried about Aether's back since it looks like it was about to bruised.

"...I'm sorry...please forgive me..."

Diluc said sincerely causing Aether to feel flustered, "it's okay....really...my back is fine..." Aether said as he pats Diluc from the back and Kaeya thought it was fun to do it as well but in the end, he got chased by Diluc with a Claymore on his hand.

When everything was finally settled, Aether decided that they should stay in for the night at Wangshun In. It was awkward at first because Diluc hated Fatui's and Childe was the type to make things worse for the fun of it but nothing happened since Child was quiet during the whole trip.

"Are you not going to sleep?" Paimon said as a yawn escaped her small mouth, Aether giggled and pats her head.

"I will...just go ahead and rest first," Aether said in which Paimon did not hesitate to leave him for the bed.

Once Aether was alone, he glanced at the tall mountains of Liyue as he felt more at ease here just him and the moon.

"I should sleep soon..."

Aether mumble along with a yawn escaping his mouth, he then turned around to head back inside but he stopped to see Childe in front of him without any traces of a playful smile.

"G-Good eveni---"

Aether was suddenly interrupted when Childe raised his chin using his thumbs and lick his lips.

"Can I kiss you?"