Chapter 12

"Wah! It's my first time eating something delicious!" Childe exclaimed as he walked side by side with Aether since the two decided to take a night stroll after they had dinner leaving Paimon to finish the rest of the food with Diluc, Aether giggled at how Childe was smiling a lot, Aether shivered due to how cold it was as he remembered that he forgot his scarf back inside the house.

"so cold..." Aether mumbled while hugging himself, Childe blushed a little as he scratches the tip of his nose lightly, he coughed purposely and removed the red scarf he was wearing, and wraps it around Aether. "huh?...your scarf?" Aether said in confusion but he had to admit, he was happy, Childe chuckle.

"I don't want you catching a cold! you need the strength to fight me after all!" Childe exclaimed while giving him a thumbs-up, Aether rolls his eyes and could only laugh, "I'm not interested in fighting you" he said and walked ahead of him, Childe pouted and cross his arms over his chest.

"afraid?"

Childe said in a teasing manner, Aether giggled and punch him playfully in the shoulder, "shut up! Ahahahaha!" Aether exclaimed as he continued to laugh without realizing that Childe was admiring him and breathing it all in. Childe always knew how Aether faked his laugh most of the time, and this genuine laugh, he was hearing it for the first time.

When silence fell over them, Aether and Childe enjoyed each other's company, that is until Aether stop on his tracks causing Childe to look at him in confusion, the feeling in his heart and memories of his first kiss came to him.

"hm?...are you okay Shone---"

"T-That night! at Wangshun Inn...w-why did you kiss me?" Aether asked him with a reddened face as he tried to hide it with the scarf, Childe was taken back a bit, his heart began to pound and there were hundreds of excuses he wanted to make.

"....will he reject me if I told him...he will...no he won't...but..."

Childe clench his fist, countless of thoughts swarmed him and yet he said nothing, "...t-that...I won't tell you..." Childe said and walk pass him, Aether bit the bottom of his lips as he catched up to him.

"why can't you tell me?!?"

"S-Shonen...let's not talk about that right now..."

Childe said as he tried to calm Aether down but he did not listen, "Why?!? I've been feeling bothered on what I feel about you okay?!? I don't honestly know what going on but!...I thought you were a bad guy and I hated you for what you did to Liyue but now..." Aether blushed as he realised on what he was about to say.

Childe held back a smile, "what do you mean by that Aether?" Childe said causing Aether to look at him with a shocked face since Childe never usually call him by his name.

"...I-I don't know...I really don't know..."

Aether mumbled as he immediately look away and avoided Childe's eyes as he leaned closer until their lips were inches away and the moment their lips touched, Childe pulled away from the kiss and place his forehead against Aether before finally confessing.

"...I love you...Aether..."