16 - We're Gonna Play a Game

The music ends, and your intimate conversation is interrupted. The other guests disperse and go about doing their own thing. You begin to think about doing the same. Kurapika scans the room, and you're not quite sure what he's looking for. He then gently entangles his fingers with yours- and this time, he's the one dragging you somewhere.

You look down at your intertwined hands then back up to the view of the back of his head, his thick strands of hair subtly bouncing with each step. "Ope. Alrighty then. Where are we going?" You inquire

"We're going to play a game." He replies.

That's barely an answer, maybe some context, please?

Your eyebrows furrow at his response that lacked detail.

You both arrive at a large L-shaped couch. The blonde turns around to face you but then sits down. He motions you to take a seat next to him by giving two little taps on the fabric. You sit down and cross your legs. You're both very close, and it doesn't help that you're sitting at the end section of the couch. The slight pressure that your body is putting on the seat at the end is causing kurapika to inch closer to you since you're sharing a cushion.

He reaches his arm out towards you and wraps it around your shoulder. You can feel his fingers resting in the divot above your collarbone.

He tightens his grip and pulls you closer to him, bringing his mouth up to your ear. "On a scale of 1-10, how drunk are you?" he whispers.

Okayyy weird question

"Honestly I'm not sure, probably like 4. I'm not really feeling it that much, so it could be even less."

The blonde pulls his head away from your ear and smiles. "Okay good, so we can play this game and you won't say something stupid."

"Again with the game... what the hell are you planning?" you interrogate.

"Well I'm not feeling the effects so much either, but just enough to do something risky," he responds, scratching the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Riskier than kissing me out of nowhere?"

Kurapika's eyes widened at your point. Even though you guys had talked it out a little bit, it still seemed like the fact he actually went for it, and kissed you, surprised even him- the person who made the move. He blinked a few times trying to gather himself and looked up to you. "Do you want to play or not?"

You let out a low scoff out of confusion and frustration. "Sure." you huff

"Perfect, so, here's how the game will work: We're going to pretend that we're a rich married couple and get everyone's reactions and see if they believe us."

You tilt your head in confusion and stare at the blonde, who, in contrast, has an excited and determined expression.

I'm not so sure those drinks aren't affecting him

"Doesn't really sound like a game to me... Kinda just sounds like we're roleplaying or something how is this a game?"

Kurapika clears his throat, and his eyes squint while thinking. "Well, I'm not quite sure, it just sounded fun. We could make up a ton of different scenarios and really get a kick out of people."

"Wait yeah that actually sounds kinda fun. Ooh! Can we make up names and stuff!" you exclaim, a bit too loudly.

"Keep it down! If you shout like that we won't be able to fool anyone." he anxiously whisper-yells

You cross your arms and give him an irritated gaze, playfully of course.

"Wow, you're reeeally takin' this game seriously aren't you?"

"Oh hush, I'm just trying to have some fun," he says, a half-grin forming at those last few words. He breaks your eye contact and darts his eyes across the room to an old drunk geezer in a fancy suit, doing a little dance to the casual background music that the band started playing soon after you had both left the dancing area.

"Look over there." he grabs both sides of your chin and turns your head until you're looking directly at the old guy. "I bet he's drunk out of his mind, he can be our first victim."

A/N:
HEY EVERYONE! I stayed up til 5am last night reading manga so now I'm hyped up on coffee. I've been in a very writey mood lately so here u go! And just a question *cough cough* no reason for it... *cough cough* would you guys like to see a more dominant or a more submissive Kurapika? Maybe a bit of both? I really can't decide, and you guys r the ones reading, so I'll take the majority of votes from the comments :) I love all u guys so much and thx for brightening my day with your notifications <3