5 - You Can Stay with Me

The hotel not only looks expensive, but smells expensive. People dressed in fancy apparel fill the lobby, practically pouring their mountains of cash on fancy wine, fancy meals, fancy everything. You look down at your sultry dress and attempt to cover yourself up with your arms, feeling awfully embarrassed in your fashion choice.

What am I getting myself into? Befriending my kidnapper? I did not expect any of this to happen tonight. Now I'm at some uppity hotel.

Kurapika notices your anxious behavior and lends you his black jacket. His disguise now only consists of black feminine dress pants, the big glasses in his left hand, and of course, the hat and wig clenched in his right.

"Here y/n, you seem on edge. I personally don't see why you're getting so worked up, I think you look perfectly fine, but if it makes you feel better, you can wear this."

Your cheeks turn a soft pink. You didn't expect him to warm up to you so quickly. You thought for sure that he'd be more serious or tough with you, but he seems to be taking a different approach. It's nice, and this kindness is not something you're used to receiving from people.

"Oh uh- thanks, Kurapika."

Basho asks the front desk if there are any more rooms available on the same floor as theirs. The woman at the front desk responds, "Yes, sir! There are actually three more available on that floor. Unfortunately, they're suites, and of course, those tend to be pricey."

Basho looks to Kurapika for guidance on whether or not they should pay for it. Kurapika leaves your side to go to the front desk for a few minutes, and gets caught up on what's happening.

"Oh... Only suites? Basho, I don't think the boss would be very pleased if we spent a ton of money on someone he's never even met. He'd probably be mad even if we set her up with a regular room."

"Yeah, you're probably right," Basho grumbles. "So what do we do?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure if she'd be too thrilled with this, but how about she stays with me?" Kurapika suggested.

"Oh, duh... Good idea! I didn't even think of that. Do you think she'll be okay with that?"

"Well, it doesn't really look like we have any other choice. I guess that settles it."

Kurapika and Basho nod in agreement and motion you to the front desk.

Basho fills you in. "So y/n. Basically, the only rooms left are suites. Yada yada yada, you're going to be staying with Kurapika. Sound good?"

"Um, yeah, ok... If you don't have any other choice that works." You hesitantly agreed

This could actually be rather nice. Maybe I can learn more about him this way.

The three of you head up to Kurapika's room, and Basho splits from the both of you. He waves goodbye and shouts, "Nice meeting you y/n!"as he heads to his room.

"Geez, for such a big and scary guy, he's so nice," you say as Kurapika swipes his room card against the reader.

"Oh yeah, Basho's a sweetheart. You'd never guess his nen ability either." the blonde says, holding in a chuckle

"Now I'm curious! What is it?"

"Poems. His nen ability is poems! Well more specifically, Haikus. Isn't that great?" Kurapuka says while letting out a faint giggle once again. "It may not seem powerful, but it can do significant damage."

He seems so comfortable around me. He's different from when we first met.

"Holy shit! Hahaha, that's the last thing I expected." You blurt.

You both wander into the hotel room. The smell of fresh linens and air freshener immediately tickles your nose. Something about that smell overwhelms your head with nostalgia. The room is a decent size. What it lacks in size, it makes up for in quality. There's a large flatscreen tv, two queen beds, and a small lounging area with a microwave and a mini-fridge. The walls are a serene shade of blue, and the comforters on the beds are a bit darker, closer to a royal blue.

"Well, here's the room. My bed's the one on the left. I don't like the sound of the heater, I apologize. You can have the right one, it's just as good." Kurapika explains while hanging up his feminine disguise in the tiny closet

"Sounds good to me. Thanks for being so nice to me. I still don't know what I did to deserve it, but I really appreciate it."

"Of course."

You make your way to the right side if the room, hop in bed, and get situated in the blankets. You're way too exhausted to change into something more comfortable, so you start to doze off

Such a long day.... I'm so comf-

Your thoughts were interrupted by the blonde shouting, "Y/n, wait! Don't fall asleep just yet. Would you like some pajamas or something? I'm sure I've got something in here. I wear the same outfit most days except to bed. I'll do some digging."

"Oh um, ok... Are you sure it's not a problem?"

"No, not at all. It's the least I can do after everything that occurred." the blonde said as he tore apart his drawers, looking for pajamas.

"Ooh! Here we go.~" he pulls out a very lengthy, long sleeve white shirt. "This will do!" he balls up the shirt and gently tosses it to you

"Feel free to use the bathroom to change." he adds

You slip into the bathroom, locking the door behind you. You slowly slide down to the floor, rest both hands on your forehead, and try to absorb everything that happened tonight.

I feel so comfortable here. Why is his presence so calming? I just met him tonight under... less-than-ideal circumstances and I already feel closer with him than I've felt with my entire family for a long time.

You hear a series of soft knocks on the bathroom door and stand up hastily. You carefully slip your dress off, deciding it's best to leave your bra on, and pull the white shirt over your head.

That's weird, it fits me perfectly. I guess that kind of makes sense considering his slender figure.

"Just checking to see how you're doing and seeing if it fit." the blonde says in a muffled voice through the blockade of the door.

You open the door and startle Kurapika

"Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm all done changing. Uhh, Good night." You say with a grin

"Goodnight y/n, see you in the morning."

You climb back in bed, and your eyelids get exceptionally heavy. Your thoughts start to thin out until you're finally asleep.