11 - I Need a Drink

Before I start, Thank you all so much for 1k reads! <3 It makes me so happy every time I get a notification for a vote or comment and see the views grow! I love that people are enjoying my story

(Time skip to Lobby)

The Elevator doors split apart as you and the alluring blonde, who had his arm linked with yours, step out. You knew the both of you would turn plenty of heads tonight.

The lobby was already crawling with rich pricks, blabbering on and on about who knows what and clinking their wine glasses, all of their voices stirring together, making an obnoxious cluster of racket. You could barely hear your "date" over all the noise. You heard him mumble something, but you couldn't tell what. He tapped on your shoulder

He grabbed your attention but looked confused. "Y/n, did you hear me?" he spoke up

"No, sorry, it's way too loud in here; what did you say?"

His eyes forgave you, even though you had nothing to be sorry for.

He's so precious

"I asked if you wanted to get drinks. I didn't think I'd need drinks until later, but to be honest, with all of this commotion, I'm rethinking that."

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing," you admitted while grabbing his wrist and practically dragging him to the bar.

"You're quite persistent you know." He said as you shoved him into his seat.

A lanky bartender in a tux rubs the rim of a glass with a frilly white cloth. "What can I get for you two?" He asks politely, setting the glass down. He actually seems pretty kind, and for some reason, you could tell he was humble and vastly different from the guests, just from the way he spoke. He made both of you feel a bit more at ease.

"We'll have your most expensive wine!" you exclaim, excited to finally spoil yourself- although not with your money- so I guess Kurapika was doing the spoiling.

The blonde lightly chuckles. "That's so cliche y/n." he teases. "My boss is paying for everything you know... I hope he won't get upset."

"Isn't he like, rich or something? I mean, he paid for all your team's rooms here, right?" You question with your head tilted to the side.

Kurapika looked deep in thought. "I'm almost positive it's Mr. Nostrade, our employer and the head of the Nostrade family- a mafia group. He must be paying for everything. He's not exactly the most generous person...even though he's filthy rich."

"Oh yeah, you mentioned him when you were telling me about yourself and why you're here, I remember. If he's loaded, then just one bottle of expensive wine won't even make a dent in his savings. C'mon Kurapika..."

"All right, all right, fine. One bottle y/n, just one, promise?" the blonde wore a serious expression sprinkled with friskiness

You playfully nudged him, a bit too hard this time- he almost fell out of his chair and had to grip the edge of the bar with both hands to recoup himself. "Oops." you pull him up straight by his shoulders and rotate the upper half of his body to face yours. "I already told you this in the room. I won't go overboard!"

"Okay, I believe you." He motioned for the bartender to come back by flipping his hand over and tapping on the table with the knuckle on his pointer finger. "Sir, we're ready to order."

"Ah, perfect!" He was now in front of us, waiting for our demands.

He hasn't put that glass down, and he won't stop rubbing the rim with that cloth. Maybe he just thinks he looks cool or something.

"As I said before, we'll have your most expensive wine!" Your words were twinkling with confidence and excitement.

(Kurapika POV) (hehe)

Every time I look at her, I get lost in thought. How does she have such a powerful effect on me?

She looks so gorgeous tonight. Scratch that; she always looks gorgeous. She's such a luminous person, radiating positive energy wherever she goes, her presence lifting the mood no matter the setting. I keep being so touchy and clingy with her in the spur of the moment... I wonder if that's been a mistake? I don't wish to scare her off. That's the last thing I want

I can't help myself. Something about her brings me immense comfort. She may be a smartass sometimes... and try to push my buttons, but I find it so charming. I guess it's because I'm a bit like that too. Not to mention her quick wit. She truly has a perfect personality- no wonder I'm falling for her.

Yes... I'm quite positive of this actually. I've never fallen for someone before, only silly crushes back in my village. One that was a little more serious. Nothing like this though...

Personally, the whole 'soulmates' thing that everyone gawks at is kind of a stretch. I've never believed it myself. Despite that, I still feel like this random girl that I happened to run into was meant to meet me. I'm not sure how and I'm not sure why, but I'm glad it happened...

Huh... never thought I'd be thinking such sappy thoughts.

(Back to Y/N POV)

"Kurapika, he asked you like three times if you wanted a glass. You there?"

I lightly tapped the spacey blonde's forehead three times with my hand balled up, much like knocking on a door.

"Earth to Kurpikaaa."